PART 17

Meenakashi's POV

          I didn't know what to answer everyone as that was my first time meeting my family after my wedding. My in-laws was curious as they saw someone from my family visit me for the first time. They also were curious that why my uncle didn't take me under his care when my dad died.

          Sudha who usually ignores me followed me to the kitchen and asked me about my family. My children were very happy meeting my family and they said that they were excited to meet my uncle.

           After they left, my husband was busy with the kids as the next day was their first exam. The rest of the day was spent as usual and late at night when I went to our room to sleep, my husband asked me about my family. First I was hesitant but later I confessed to him that my uncle created fake documents and took over my father's property and left me with nothing and asked my relatives to look for an alliance to get me married. Infact he was the one who did my kanyadhan on the wedding day but  he was mostly not involved in the wedding other than Kanyadhan part.

           He wanted to start his own business from a long time but he didn't have enough money for the business. So he took hold of my dad's property after his death.

            My husband who was not expecting such answers went quite after listening to me but I was waiting for him to say something. After concluding that he would not say anything, I closed my eyes to sleep but then he asked, "Why did you get so happy after meeting them even after they abandoned you? Are you not angry at them? Your uncle even stole all the property which belongs to you! If they really loved you, why didn't they make any efforts to meet you all these years?" to which I stayed silent as I didn't know what to say and my husband continued, "It's better if we maintain distance with those people but as we promised we would meet them once after our kids exams and you better don't get attached to them" which brought tears to my eyes and I turned my back towards my husband eventually started crying.

        My husband who realised that I was crying pulled me towards him and hugged. This made me cry even harder. That night I felt warm being in my husband's arms which made me forget about everything. He was silently hugging me and I was silently listening to his heartbeat. Eventually we both fell asleep.

        The next day, I woke up in my husband's arms but I didn't feel like getting out of the bed seeing his beautiful face. I felt happy remembering how my husband consoled me last night with his hug. Unknowingly I started moving my fingers on his face while admiring him and then he suddenly opened his eyes caught my hand which made me quickly pull my hand out of his grip and ran into the washroom which made him laugh out loud.

       Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.