35

MONDAY MORNINGS MAKE me seriously homicidal. I have the biggest headache from all the crying I did yesterday. Not my best moment. I can't find my converse, my hair isn't sitting the way I want it to, and I woke up a little later than usual. Mondays suck. I let out a breath, leaning against the sink. God, all I want to do is crawl back in to my bed and never leave.

I sluggishly leave the bathroom, deciding to visit Parker's room before returning to my own. I offered to drive him to school yesterday, but he insisted he didn't want to ruin me and Bela's carpool and that Neki would drive him.

As I reach for the door handle, I hear the sound of his voice. He must be on the phone.

"She won't leave me the fuck alone bro." he groans.

I falter, pulling my hand back.

The person on the end of the phone must've asked who, to which he replies: "Who do you think?"

My heart begins to beat a little faster.

"She keeps asking me if I need help in school, offering to bring me things and take my places." he continues.

I feel like I'm gonna throw up.

"She's fucking exasperating bro, she makes me wanna bash my head against a brick wall."

My hand drops to my side, along with my heart. It feels like a punch to the gut. I close my eyes, taking a deep breath to settle my racing heart as I walk back to my room. I feel like I've been completely crushed.

***

"Elena."

"Elena?"

I feel a hand touch my shoulder, breaking me out of my daydream. Glancing up, I look at Bela. Her eyes are on the road as she drives with one hand, but they're full of concern.

"Did you hear anything I just said?" she asks, but her voice is soft.

Truthfully, I shake my head no. She brings her hand from my arm to my own hand, taking it in hers.

"What's wrong El? What happened?"

The genuine concern in her voice makes me want to break down.

"Nothing." I whisper, scared that if I speak my voice will break.

I see Bela glance at me, but she doesn't ask anything more, simply holding my hand in comfortable silence.

As we pull in to the school car park, The first thing I notice is the two massive coaches near the entrance. What the...

"I can't believe we actually agreed to this school trip." Bela sighs as she reverse parks.

I mentally slap myself. I completely forgot we'd signed up for this. If I knew I would've stayed in the comfort of my bed.

There's a busy bustle of students in our grade outside the entrance, some lining up, some straying to the side to talk with their friends. I sigh. I honestly cannot be bothered today.

"Alright kids!" Mr Hedrick yells.

He's genuinely quite liked at our school, maybe because he's the hot history teacher, so everyone silences immediately.

"I'm gonna need mine and Ms Ashley's History students on coach A, and the Geography students on coach B." he points to each of the coaches.

People begin to move, most going to coach B since everyone favours Geography, and the History classes are too. I'm one of those who prefer Geography, but I'm actually pretty good at History so I thought I'd stick with it.