Basket 16

Third POV

With it only being four minutes into the first quarter, Touou was already pulling ahead of Seirin by four points, though the red and white team was doing a decent job at keeping them at bay. But their plan of trying to score more points before Aomine arrived was going down the drain.

Seirin had tried to get ahead by going for a three pointer, but the ball only ended up bouncing off the rim as Wakamatsu was able to grab it before (Y/N)'s hand could even get up in that general area. Gritting her teeth in frustration, the tall girl cursed herself for her late jump. But now wasn't the time to be pondering on the little mistakes.

"Hell yeah! Here ya go!" The second year center yelled out as he chucked the ball to Imayoshi while Izuki followed close behind the captain.

The crowds were really starting to eat up the skills of Touou, shocked by Wakamatsu's almost full court pass as Imayoshi caught the ball.

"Whaddya have to say now?" The black haired captain smirked as he got ready to make a basket.

Izuki wasn't going to let that happen, he'd stop him for sure. Quickly running in front of Imayoshi, the second year punster was fast to time his jump up with the captain, putting his hands up to try and block the shot. For a second, it seemed like the black haired boy was just going to go for a regular layup. But when Izuki noticed that the ball wasn't leaving his hands, he proceeded to watch as Imayoshi turned to the side in the air, swinging his arm with the ball around the punster's block in the form of a double clutch.

It was a successful basket on Touou's end, the score now 10 to 4. Cheers erupted from the crowds as the whistle blew to signal the point gain. With Izuki now trying to catch his breath, Imayoshi decided to take the time to explain something to the Seirin vice captain.

"Let me guess, when you heard that Aomine would be late, you had the idea of scoring as many points as possible. Sorry about that, perhaps I chose my words poorly earlier. What I meant was, we're only the opening act compared to Aomine. But if we're talking you and us, well then," the captain explained as he pushed his glasses up, the smirk still on his face.

Watching from the bench, Riko kept her eyes glued to the court, but her thoughts were kind of going all over the place. Touou was good, better than she expected them to be without Aomine. If Seirin couldn't catch up, then they'd really be screwed. Still, the red and white team had their own trump cards in the form of their ace and triple threat. That is, if it even got to that point.

"Is this for real?" Furihata let out as he looked at a piece of paper.

Asking the boy what he was looking at, the brown haired first year showed the other two first year benchwarmers that they were Touou's score from the prelims. It was shocking to say the least when it came to their actual scores.

"No way, those are all a hundred point games," Kawahara gaped as he stared at the numbers.

"Yeah, you could say they're the polar opposite of Seiho. They're a team based around offense," Riko explained.

No one was able to ask questions, however as the roar of the crowd suddenly grew in volume. Looking back out onto the court, the Seirin team watched as Sakurai became in possession of the ball, the shy boy quickly taking the chance to make his signature threes.

"I'm sorry!" He quickly apologized as the ball left his hands.

This guy was really starting to get on Hyuga's nerves. The captain has a red tick mark on his face as he failed in his block against Sakurai's three. In the captain's mind, a player shouldn't apologize if he was going to shoot. It was just down right annoying. From her spot beside Wakamatsu, (Y/N) arched her eyebrow for a second at Sakurai's signature phrase.