51

Zanes POV

It's official, Layla Robinson is now a part of the Shadow Walkers Pack. Once her connection formed Nova rushed to Layla and pulled her in for a hug. The girls started crying as they hugged.

I didn't realize it would mean this much to them...

Seeing how happy Nova is in this moment only proves it was the right thing to do. Layla is clearly powerful, and will be a great addition to the pack.

'You really did it huh? I can feel the new member.' Felix links me.

'Yep, and Seeing how happy the girls are right now made it worth it.' I reply.

'Whipped.' He snickers and I roll my eyes.

After that I block him. I can't even deny it, I am whipped. I'd do anything to keep a smile on my mates face. I smile as I look over at the two women now giggling and whispering to each other. The thought of everything we're about to have to face dampens my mood.

I guess Nova feels me looking at her, because she looks over at me with her gorgeous smile still in place. She mouths 'Thank you' and I give her a nod.

She walks away from Layla and I open my arms for her. She walks into my embrace and snuggles into my chest releasing a sigh. I can hear Layla giggle, but I ignore it.

After a moment Nova pulls back and looks up at me "I'm going to walk Layla to her room, then I'll meet you in ours."

"Take your time love, I have a few things to finish up here." I tell her and plant a kiss on her lips.

She blushes as she pulls away "Well don't be too long."

"I won't." I say as her and Layla leave my office.

I take a moment to enjoy the sight of her walking away. It's true what they say, hate to see her go, but love to watch her leave.

Fuck, I'm really whipped... I laugh out loud as I think it.

Unfortunately now I have important things to focus on. Getting in touch with a few vampire lords for starters. There's only one person I trust to help me with this, Vlad.

Novas POV

I can't believe it, Layla is officially part of the pack. My pack! We've wanted to be in the same pack since we were little. My fathers pack was never an option though. Hell, I didn't even want to be a part of that pack.

After walking Layla back to her room we talked a little longer, but I could see her energy was draining. So I told her to get some rest, and that I'd see her in the morning.

Walking into my room I lean my back against the door as I shut it, releasing a sigh in the process.

Bath or bed?

As much as I'd like to just crash, a hot bath sounds perfect right now. I'm sure I'll sleep better after a hot relaxing bath. I go into the bathroom and start to fill the tub. I strip down as the steam starts to fill the room.

I pick a bathbomb from the cabinet and throw it in for good measure. As I lower my body into the sweet smelling now bright blue water, I feel all my muscles relax. I definitely needed this.

I lay my head back to rest on the tub and let my body sink as far as it can. My life has been so stressful lately, I just want a moment of peace. I work on breathing exercises as I try to clear my mind. Just as I think I've found my tranquil moment, I feel a tug on my mind.

What the fu-

Bright lights surround me and it takes a second for my eyes to adjust. When they do, I wished they hadn't. I'm back in the fucking moon realm.

"Hello Celeste."

I look up to see Selene walking towards me.

"Selene. Why am I here?" I let every ounce of anger and annoyance I feel drip from my voice.

But of course, Selene simply smiles at me. "Because we needed to talk."

"Yeah, well the last time you wanted to talk I was out of it for days! So am I going to wake up in a fucking week or month this time?" I almost yell, but manage not to.

She gives me a sad smile "I am sorry about last time, but trust that there is a reason for everything I do. You will awake in just a few minutes, I promise you."

Well that's good at least...

"What do we need to talk about?"

"Your sister and your friend Layla."

"What about them? Oh is Layla really a Goddesses daughter?"

"It is not my place to tell you who her mother is. But you must be the one to train them, and you alone."

"What? Why? They are going to train with the pack, like they should. I'll be there but I'm not exactly a teac-"

I see anger flash across her face "You will train them! It is imperative that you are the only one to train them!"

"Why?"

She sighs "Trust me, it's for the best."

This time I get angry "You always tell me to trust you, but why should I?! You've never given me a reason to fucking trust you! Look at the life you've given me! A life I didn't even want to be sent to in the first place! I won the challenge! I was supposed to stay here with you!"

"ENOUGH!" Her voice booms around me. Making me want to kneel, but I stay standing.

I'll be damned if I ever bow to her again...

"You will train them Filia Mea!"

Before I can even process what she said or reply, I feel myself gasp as I shoot up. I'm back in my bath, and it's still hot. At least I wasn't out of it for long this time.

Wait... what did she call me? What the fuck does Filia Mea mean?

Authors Note: Don't forget to vote & comment!!!
More Votes = More chapters
Also... I love getting comments ;)