Chapter 7: When Flower Petals Fall

Author's Note: Hello everyone! HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!! SnivyLord here! It's the chapter you've been waiting for! If I'm going to be honest, I feel like near the end, Yeong Ro kinda went out of character just a little bit. Although I do feel like the confrontation that happens is well deserved for Yeong Ro. I felt like she needed a good badass moment, or at least a good emotional moment where things are finally under her control for once. I loved all of your comments and they inspire me to keep writing. Soo Hoo manages to get everyone out of North Korea, but he can't help but feel at unease because something else is happening in Pyongyang that will put Yeong Ro in a very precarious situation.

Soo Ho rested his hand not the doorknob and turned the door open to an empty room and the three of them stepped in. The tables and desks seemed untouched and well lit by the lamps that were hung around the room, but the shelves near the back were gradually darker and dimmer as you go to the back of the room. Cheongya and Sui Hui stepped into the room with their guns raised and they looked around.

"Oppa what do you think? Do you think there are people in here?" Sui Hui asked and Soo Ho nodded.

"We disabled the locks, but it was locked from the inside meaning that someone was in here," Soo Ho explained and gestured with his head back towards the door, "and that door can't be closed while simultaneously locked at the same time, so we're not alone in here..." Soo Ho took and deep breath and stepped forward into the room. Cheongya still had her gun out and she looked around the room for any trace of someone in the room, but at first sight, there was none.

"Well, we still need to look around for the files we're looking for," Cheongya sighed and lowered her gun and stepped further into the room and they all started migrating towards the back to look for the files. Unfortunately, that is where our other group was hiding. Yeong Ro, Kang Moo, and Hanna waited with bated breath as the three of them moved entered the endless rows of the records. They all hid at the ends of the rows at the sides so the other group wouldn't immediately see them. They all had their masks on so their faces wouldn't completely known, but that didn't escape the fact that their odds of making it out without being spotted were very slim, "Just stay on your guard." Cheongya looked to all of them and the siblings nodded as they went to find the files they were looking for.

The three that were hiding kept careful watch on the positions of the intruders and Kang Moo and Hanna were hiding behind neighboring shelves while Yeong Ro was alone on the other side. Yeong Ro watched as the masked man entered her half of the shelves and she watched as he looked for a specific file. Now she could see him in a slightly different light, Yeong Ro realized that this was the same man who was with the group that saved her earlier. It was strange because she had this sense of relief, but at the same time, something told her that she really shouldn't make her presence known here. Soo Ho was sifting through the files, but then his peripheral caught a flash of movement and he looked to his right just in time to find a strand of hair swinging back into its hiding place. Yeong Ro silently clapped a hand over her mouth and closed her eyes as Soo Ho looked in the direction of her hiding place and slowly walked in towards the end of the row. Yeong Ro heard the sounds of his approaching footsteps and she quickly slinked into the other side of the bookshelf and tried to quietly stalk her way further away from him. Soo Ho rounded the corner to find there was no one there and he saw the black figure on the other side trying to slink away.

"Aish, I'm going to get caught at this rate..." Yeong Ro silently thought to herself and she took a look back to find the man catching onto her movements and she turned back ahead just in time to notice another woman walking down the hallway towards her row. Yeong Ro took a quick glance at her surroundings and found that the bottom row of the shelves were empty, leaving her enough space to crawl through. Yeong Ro quickly crouched down and hung her head low so she quickly squat walk through the empty row without hitting her head and she slipped through to the other side. Yeong Ro quickly stood up to check to see if the man had caught her and she quickly crouched again so she slip through another shelf so she was a safer distance away.