Final Preparations

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Iruma POV

Walpurgis is apparently scheduled pretty early in the morning since stuff like this normally goes on for a full day according to Rimuru. This means we have to leave for Tempest the night before. It's just Rimuru and me leaving this time since Grandpa has some work he needs to do for the school. He seemed a little worried about letting me go alone, but since he can't go to Walpurgis anyway, there's not much point in him coming with us. Opera seemed even more worried, but Rimuru (unsuccessfully) reassured him that I will be perfectly safe.

I'm a little apprehensive myself, but I've already agreed so there's no going back. Rimuru has kept me safe so far (despite being scary sometimes) so I'll just have to accept that she'll continue to do that.

Rimuru opens a gate to Tempest again, leaving behind a sullen-looking Diablo. He nearly cried when Rimuru told him to stay behind. I feel a little bad for him.

I follow Rimuru through the gate, kinda expecting to end up in Rimuru's office again, but I end up being wrong. I find myself in one of the training rooms in the Labyrinth, at least that's what I think this place is. It pretty much looks the same as the one I went to with Gobta and Hakurou during my last visit.

"What are we doing here Rimuru? Isn't this one of those training rooms in the Labyrinth?"

"Oh, you've been here before? I guess I should've known after seeing that bracelet on your wrist."

I look down at my arm and see the resurrection bracelet I was given. I never bothered to take it off since receiving it.

"Yeah. Gobta and I trained with Hakurou."

Rimuru's eyes widen slightly before her expression morphs into one of concern.

"You didn't get hurt, did you?" Rimuru asks in a serious tone.

"A little, but Gobta gave me a potion so I was fine."

"That's good."

I decide not to mention the part where Gobta died in front of me and how scared I got. Rimuru is upset with Gobta already and I don't want to make things worse.

"Well...I should probably tell you why we're here. I'm sure you're curious."

"Yes...what are we doing here? I thought we had to prepare for that Demon Lord meeting."

"We are, we are; just hold your horses...I thought you could use a little 'confidence-booster' before tomorrow." Rimuru says, grinning at me.

Confidence booster?

Part of me doesn't like that smile Rimuru is wearing. That expression normally means she's up to no good.

"Remember when you shot that magic bullet at me on stage? I thought we could have you work on that little ability some."

I remember that incident and the sinking feeling I got in my stomach when I saw that thing punch through the wall behind Rimuru. I made something truly dangerous and I'm not exactly thrilled to do the same thing again. It doesn't seem like something I should be able to do if it can potentially kill people as Rimuru said before.