88. right timing

088

088

Everything had worked out.

Since Devora had to be over at her parent's house, in celebration of her younger brother's birthday, she wasn't so sure if Jungkook would want to spend his evening alone.

But, Jungkook assured her, claiming he had to take care of a photoshoot that Saturday.

He left a little earlier than she did, promising that her mother would be picking her up, so a ride from Jungkook wasn't necessary.

Thankful that he left first.

The last thing Devora wanted was for her mother to see him, and vice versa.

For one, her mother was an instigator, and would feasibly ask him unending questions.

Jungkook, being the polite and charming man he was, would stand there through it all, and answer every one of her questions without a second thought.

Although Jungkook offered to drop her off at her parent's house, she couldn't accept it.

Devora was already staying at his place, sleeping in his bed.

It's not like she could contribute to his gas tank either, he would decline her offer and claim he didn't need it.

She also didn't want to haggle with the forced perverse conversations in the car ride with him.

Devora knew her mind would nudge her to speak, all to avoid dead silence that would inexorably fall upon them.

Jungkook was more of a listener, too.

He would ask questions to keep her talking, purposely, because, he knew Devora was never able to stop talking once it was encouraged and boosted by others.

When her mother arrived to pick her up, Devora was proven correct. She began to ask questions about why she was staying over at Jungkook's house if they had supposedly broken up.

Devora — still wanting to keep her stalker a secret — lied, claiming they had worked things out and were trying to see eye-to-eye together again.

She wasn't able to cough up any other excuse better than that, and, regardless, her lie was accurate, in a way. Jungkook was trying to patch up his mistakes.

So was she.

After her translucent response, her mother didn't push any further on her relationship with Jungkook. Solely asking questions about Devora, and how adulthood was treating her.

It was an apt topic, something Devora could handle and answer incisively to keep conversations going.

Besides the talks regarding Devora and her means, they discussed their initial reason for coming together — to celebrate Junseo's birthday.