Ch. 9 'Always Remember and... Thank You'

Question of the Chapter: Which character of 'Diabolik Lovers' do you dislike, and why?

***

Karlheinz had power that threatened Giesbach.

There were many variants that poked Giesbach's vulnerability. First off, he had suspicions that Karlheinz's growing power had something to do with his Goddess. Just thinking about it irritated him. It was widely known the time that Karlheinz and the Goddess Nyx had spent together. He wasn't clueless of how Karlheinz used his charms on women to gain intel and connections.

What charms did he have that he didn't?!

Then he began to doubt the center of his world. Was his Goddess this easily seduced by a vampire?! He denied it all.

Carla's threatening magical ability and intelligence also didn't go unnoticed. Including his influence on Shin that declined in the past year. Shin was not like the prideful golden son he knew; he had become diligent in training and nurturing towards Carla and others.

With the lead of Karlheinz other clans began to grow confident and followed Karlheinz to take down the Ancestor Clan.

In a blink of an eye everything was out of his hands. He was in a state of a derangement. He questioned many times, how? His conclusions brought him to Karlheinz and Carla. They're the ones to blame for all of it. Pure hatred, anger, and envy drove Giesbach mad.

Forces are closing in on him and he had to act fast. Without meeting, speaking, or sending words, Karlheinz and Giesbach were mutually on the same page. Giesbach gathered his forces to Banmaden and declared war on Karlheinz and his powerful ally, Burai. This war was known as 'The Millennial War of Demons and The Kings'.

Carla with encouragement and confidence he gained from Lilith's influence. Carla decided enough was enough. He confronted Giesbach to stop the forthcoming war. Giesbach proclaimed Carla's stand as defiance and treachery. Using Carla's stand to his advantage he locked Carla away in Banmaden's dungeon.

Giesbach left Shin in the dark about Carla's imprisonment. It was unimportant for Shin to know, he thought. But that didn't stop Shin from finding out. Shin secretly spilled intel to Carla, keeping him up to date. With a force of their own they planned to oppose their father together. They didn't join forces with Karlheinz, instead they planned to overthrow their father, take down Karlheinz, and take charge of the realm. To change it for the better. Where they could live freely with Lilith. As childish as it sounded, it was all they wanted.

They weren't able to meet with Lilith during this chaos. They were knowledgeable of Lilith's full view of the situation. They couldn't wait to wrap their arms around her and never let go.

Carla's new magical ability sparked a useful advantage for Giesbach. He told Carla to show his filial piety by joining the war. Carla complied with his wishes.

Krone tried to talk Giesbach out of creating anymore conflict, but it was to no avail. When the confronted topic of his envy of Karlheinz was brought up by Krone, Giesbach snaped. Krone was beaten personally by Giesbach and thrown into the Banmaden dungeon.

Many opposing forces gained the upper hand. In a cornered state Giesbach was at first panicked. Then his thoughts began to slow. He began to realize many things. He randomly noticed that within the past year his sons had secretly wandered off and soon figured out where to.

His beloved Goddess was bathing his sons with attention and love he always sought for from her. Soon he unveiled the other mysterious opposing force which were his own two sons. This brought him into a crazed state. Carla was an expected case but his golden child Shin? He was betrayed by everything he knew.