Prologue

Hello! 👋

Please enjoy my story and give any feedback on it :)

•-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~•

'Thoughts'
"Dialogues"
Flashback/Noises

On one fateful day, a pair of siblings remain oblivious to the fate that will befall them.

Elisa was waiting for her brother to arrive as usual in front of their bus stop. She was supposed to wait for him back home, but she decided not to.

While looking around, she noticed the bus nearly arriving at its stop. She also saw her elder brother, Ron, running towards her with a panicked expression, after all whenever he's late, the bus just leaves him behind and she doesn't mind it. This causes her to feel amused at her messy-haired brother.

Elisa continues to fiddle with her earphones in her left ear as she listens to the news radio. Her friends often joked about how she was like an elderly lady because she listens to the radio and believes differently from them.

Although she despises being looked at as if she were a weirdo, she doesn't pay attention to what others say about her. Elisa doesn't want to be caught off guard by an oncoming disaster and have her loved ones slip away from her again.

Shriek—!

An ear-piercing shriek filled the air. Elisa turned around trying to identify the cause of the panic when she stiffened in shock as she felt someone pull her into their arms.

Coming to her senses, she looked up to see her brother's handsome face distorted with dread.

"...Ron?"

Her confused peach-colored eyes met his identical eyes that were filled with panic. He protectively held her as if guarding against something.

Unexpectedly, she felt something strong hit them both. Her eyes widened as she was assailed with dizziness from the vigorous movement that followed the impact. Too dizzy to understand what just happened, she felt a hot liquid spill from her lips.

She raised her trembling hand to her lip, ‚as she heard her brother's rusty voice calling for her in concern.

"Elisa, you're bleeding! Ugh, are you okay? Does anywhere else hurt?! Wait, let me call the emergency number!"

It was hard for her to focus on Ron's words that are concisely pouring into her. She suddenly felt a hot liquid under her arms, she looked down to see something that is the color of crimson spilled onto her white clean sleeves.

"Ah, ...co-cost... m-money..."

Elisa frowned desperately at the expensive outfit, she desperately saved up to buy.

Before she could gage at her brother's state, her body couldn't withstand the force of the impact and the shockwave that followed caused her to pass out.

"...Damn it..."

Ron worriedly examined his sister's body for serious injuries but found none. He sighed in relief then turned away from his unconscious sister to look in the direction where the bus crashed, his grip tightened.

'I need to calm my breathing before I bleed too much... I should call.'

Ron has an athletic and strong body, unlike his fragile sister who is only good with her studies. He was praised for his endurance and strong physique in sports and people even believed him to the be incarnation of Hercules.

Though rather than muscular, he was slim and handsome, bearing similar features to his younger sister.

Blood was continuously pouring from
Ron's shoulder because he couldn't avoid the impact but he still tried to hold his phone with his shaky hands and dilated the emergency number.

The phone rang but there was no answer, Ron stared at it with impatience before laying his sister on his lap carefully as he sat down on the sidewalk.

"Answer, answer, answer!"

He grits his teeth and roughly runs his free hand through his hair in frustration.

"But as mentioned before, this day was their fateful day as there was someone who wanted to end their peaceful lives and happiness.

Ron suddenly felt a pain in his chest. He looked down to see the end of a blade poking out of his chest and blood gushed out.

"Ugh...!"

His lips quivered as he groaned in pain.

He brought down his hand from his hair and felt the sharp tip that was exposed on his chest. Ron stiffly turned his head and his eyes widened in shock and perhaps fear when he saw the culprit.

"How is it? Isn't it nice to experience this kind of feeling once in your lifetime?"

A cold chuckle followed as the culprit let go of the knife handle.

He slowly pointed his phone's camera in front of the beautiful siblings' bloody state and took a shot. A snap of a flash flickered as it made a click sound. He laughed even more maniacally at their miserable appearances with a tear in his right eye.

"...Albert? Why?"

Ron was devastated to see his close friend who he considered a brother stab him in the back (literally).

He looked down at Elisa, noticing her pale complexion. Knowing that she has a weak body and would only worsen if she didn't get to a hospital right away, he lifted her into his arms. Struggling to get up on his feet, he ignored the pain.

Albert calmly looked at the so-called incarnation of Hercules desperately holding onto his family as he got up. He shrugged his shoulders and grinned at them shamelessly.

"Ah, I just hate your stubbornness and that carefree attitude of yours. Especially when you took away my spotlight. It's pretty simple really, if both of you are gone, I bet they will focus on me."

Albert muttered crazily, his eyes wavering. He smirked at the ridiculous state of the two so-called 'celebrities' that everyone had admired in school.

Looking back, he felt even more pissed off. His parents were always comparing him to Ron and were disappointed in him. 'Ron this, Ron that' he'd already had enough of that And just wanted to rid himself of them even if it meant killing them.

'They're just orphans. Just bastards who suck out of peoples' money like how they did to their aunt.'

He thought sarcastically as he looked at them. Unlike them, he is from a well-off and rich family that is supposed to take the center rather than those two.

Thinking this way, his expression contorted into one of evil. He saw Ron panicking as he looked for the phone he dropped when he raised his hands and pushed him.

"Huh?"

Before he noticed what happened, he was pushed down the edge of the road and fell into an unbalanced state with Elisa in his arms. He stared down with a dazed gaze as he looked down at the flowing river under them. He held her even more as they fell into the river that was damped with unknown substances.

Splash

He was too stunned. He knew that in his critical condition, he wouldn't be able to swim out of this as the water sank into his open wounds. He was helpless again to save themselves from death that is getting nearer and nearer as they drown.

'Why? Why did we have to die pathetically like this after sacrificing everything we had in our school lives? How did we even end up like this?'

Ron thought, as it was his last, he embraced Elisa in his arms so he would not get separated from his only sibling even after death...

At his shut eyes, there was suddenly a bright light hovering over them as it covered them with brightness and warmth. Ron relaxed at the touch that was holding them gently feeling themselves being pulled upwards.

AKS