chapter 64

Today, Ryujin says it's just gonna be the three of us. Karina and Travis borrowed a car from the Shin's so they're going somewhere.

We're getting ready to leave. "Are we going somewhere far?" I ask.

"No. It's only about a 35 minute drive. 40 tops" Ryujin says.

She picks up Eva and we leave the house. She opens the door for me and I get in. She closes it then put Eva in her car seat and get her all buckled up. I'm really excited that it's just the three of us because it's like our first family outing. I know I'm getting ahead of myself since we're just girlfriends but I love this feeling of being with her.

Ryujin gets in the truck and starts it. She looks at me, "You ready?" She smiles and I nod. She starts driving as I look around. There's really not a lot here. There's just houses, trees, barns and farm animals. No tall buildings, literally a country life but they also live near a lake so a lake country life?

It's actually crazy how you could drive on the same road and it's full of farm fields and animals but if you drive ten more minutes on that same road, you'll see lake houses.

After about half an hour, we enter a small town and it looks like there's some sort of festival happening. I look at her and she's focus on driving since there's a lot of people walking around.

She finds a parking spot and shuts off the engine. "Where are we?" I ask.

"It's called an apple-umpkin festival. Every year this town has it and they sell apple treats and pumpkin treats and all sorts of other things related to apples and pumpkins. Since Apple cider and pumpkins correlates with the autumn season" Ryujin explains.

"I thought maybe it would be nice to take you and Eva out to just enjoy the day. Buy and eat food, they have different things for kids too like face painting and simple rides and games" she continues.

"Why didn't we take Gabe then?" I ask.

"I wanted to focus on you and Eva. Rosé and Lisa are gonna take him tomorrow."

We get out of the truck and she takes out a wagon from the back. She lays down a blanket and small pillow on it. I take Eva from her car seat. As I shut the door, Ryujin walks up to us while pulling the wagon.

"Eva can sit here so we don't have to carry her the whole time. It should be comfortable. It's big enough that if you decide to buy anything, we can just put it in the wagon with Eva" she stands there looking so proud of her wagon.

I smile at her, "That's a nice wagon" I say.

"Thank you. I built it myself" She says showing me her whisker smile.

"You're good with your hands huh?" I raise a brow.

"You know it" she winks at me.

I shake my head chuckling as I put Eva on the wagon. I cover her with another blanket to make sure she stays warm.

We start walking around and this festival is actually pretty big. There's a lot of people with their families, laughing, eating and just enjoying each other's company.

I hold Ryujin's free hand because her other hand is busy pulling the wagon. I occasionally look behind us to make sure Eva is doing okay.

We stop at a food stand that sell apple crisp and warm apple cider. We give Eva some apple crisp and water while the apple cider cools down a bit.

"This is wonderful" I say to Ryujin while we keep walking.

She takes a sip from her cider. "I'm glad you like it. It's nothing fancy and it's pretty chill, not very exciting so I was worried you would be bored" she says.