25. {newest chimera}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"liam, hayden? what are you guys doing here?" moonee asked as the two entered her house.

hayden quickly threw her arms around moonee and pulled her into a hug. that caught both sophomores by surprise, hayden had a mean persona but there she was embracing moonee.

"you'll never guess what just happened to me." hayden panted.

"is everything okay?" moonee asked while she patted hayden's back.

"are you okay?" hayden asked, "you look like you've been crying." she examined her face.

liam glanced up, studying moonee's face - hayden was right. moonee quickly pulled out of the hug and wiped her face.

"no, uh... it's allergies, hayfever, sickness." moonee explained, "why are you guys here?"

"i didn't know where else to bring her." liam stated, "is scott home?"

"no, i'm pretty sure he's at deaton's." moonee shrugged, "why? what happened?"

"i should text him..." liam suggested, stepping to the side.

hayden's head shot up, "where's the bathroom?"

"you can use the one in my room. if you go upstairs, there's a door with a moon on it."

"thanks." hayden mumbled, breathing heavily as she ran up the stairs.

"now, dunbar if you don't tell me what's going on i'm going to-"

"hayden is a chimera." he confessed, cutting her off.

"what?!"

"yeah." liam nodded, clearly stressed, "i held up a glowstick to her eyes and there was mercury in them."

"shit." moonee cussed.

"and the dread doctors were about to attack her, but i found her in time and brought her here."

"good that you did." moonee nodded, "what did scott say?"

"he's on his way."

"cool. hayden! you okay up there?" moonee yelled. when she didn't get a reply, her and liam looked at one another, "come on."

they ran upstairs, immediately opening moonee's room door. the white bathroom door was shut, making her raise an eyebrow.

liam stepped forward and twisted the handle, "it's locked."

"hayden?" moonee asked, joining liam's side before tapping on the door.

"hayden, are you in there?" liam asked while moonee pounded on the door.