Chapter 6

Y/n's POV

After the class, I waited for a taxi at the gate, and suddenly it rains! I went to the guard's office, which is just near our gate, the door is closed so I just stayed outside, shivering. Suddenly a boy with blonde hair came and stood up beside me, he is under his umbrella. 'Why is he still in here? Why did he not go and just went home?' I thought confused, he then approach me. He is handsome though.

"Hi, Ms. Amana right?" He approaches and he asks, 'And how did he know me?' I thought, "Yes? H-how did you know me?" I asked, he chuckle, "Maybe you didn't see me or notice me, we're classmates." He said, "Oh? Sorry" I apologize, he chuckles, "I saw you and Drac-" he spoke but I cut him, "It's not what you think!! We haven't kissed! What he said earlier was a lie! I swear!" I said and pouted, he look at me surprised by my frantic reaction, and I sighed, as I bow down my head.

"It's okay if you don't believe me, I under-"

"I believe you"

I immediately look up at him who is smiling genuinely at me, "R-really?" I said shyly, and he giggle, "Yes!" He said and chuckled, I can't help but smile, and I can feel that I'm blushing, my cheeks were heating up! I quickly look away from him.

"T-thanks," I said stuttering in embarrassment, and smiling like crazy, 'Wait! No! He's a monster! I can't fall to a monster!!! I'm a Van Helsing!!' I thought, and then I clear my throat and face him.

"What's your name, by the way," I asked, "Xanthe Carter" He replied, "What monster are you?" I asked, "I'm a Gryphon," he said, "Woah! Is that a lion that has wings?" I said in awe, "Correct! Do you want to see me transform into a Gryphon?" He asked, I chuckle, "But, it's raining, maybe next time," I said, he chuckle, "Okay! I'll fly you around," he said.

"That's exciting! By the way, you have an umbrella, why are you still here?" I asked, "Well, I was about to go home, but I saw you here, so I decided to come here so that you'll not be alone. And this umbrella, I want to give this to you so that you can go home," he said as he handed me his umbrella, I stared at him in surprise, then to the handle of the umbrella and his hand, I slowly grab his umbrella, he then took off his jacket and he places it on my back and covers me.

"Your shivering, that's why I want you to borrow my jacket," he said and then rub the back of his neck, I smile, "W-why? Why are you doing this to me? I mean, everyone hates me, because... I'm a human and barge into the Monster Classes" I uttered a bit sad, "Because, I like humans, I wanted to be friends with humans but they rejected me. And I hope that you won't" he said, I smile, "I would love to be your friend or best friends perhaps" I said, he looked at me with a big smile on his face, "Really?!" He asked excitedly, "Yep!" I said and giggled, "So? You're my best friend now?" He asked, "If that's what you like" I spoke, he chuckled, and he then patted my head, which made me freeze and stunned.

"From now on, I will protect you from those who bullied you, Drac may be more powerful than me, but I'll do anything for my best friend," he said and remove his hand from my head, I then smile, "Thanks, Xanthe" I thanked, "You're Welcome, Y/n," he said.

This chapter is short, sorry for that. Cause the next part may be pretty long, I guess. Okay! Bye!