[06] morning after

[06] MORNING AFTER

As soon as Elise woke up, her memories of last night replayed messily in her mind.

She was lying on Stiles' bed. Stiles Stilinski's bed. The same boy who was also curled up like a puppy next to her, fast asleep.

⠀⠀"Oh crap," she muttered, slipping out of the bed.

Now that it was daylight, she could see the mess she had made. One leg of Stiles' desk had snapped, and everything that had been on it was either scattered across the room or broken. At some point Stiles had cleared up the sick she had produced.

She didn't feel bad about all this; she felt awful. Elise felt guilty and humiliated, having trashed the bedroom of a boy she'd known less than a week. It was even worse that he was kind to her, had forgiven her in a heartbeat and let her sleep at his. Who does that? To someone they barely know? And someone who is now apparently building up a list of bad things she's done involving the Stilinski family.

Gently Elise slid out of Stiles' bed and tiptoed over to the window - which was still open. Now feeling not nauseous or dizzy, but groggy and hungover, she descended the drain pipe, managing to keep her balance and not fall to her death.

When she reached the ground she ran to her house and knocked on the door abruptly. A few moments later her dad answered in his pajamas, frowning.

⠀⠀"How did you get outside? I didn't see you go out?"

Elise internally breathed a sigh of relief - he hasn't noticed she wasn't home last night.

⠀⠀"I popped out while you were asleep to buy some milk, but then realized I didn't have the correct change." she lied, smiling.

Matthew considered this for a moment before nodding and letting her in.

She had half an hour before she'd need to leave for school and so ensued the most rushed shower she'd ever had. Elise threw on jeans and a shirt and just grabbed a cereal bar for breakfast.

Part of her was glad that Stiles wasn't getting into his car when she was this morning. It would've been straight up awkward, but Elise knew she'd have to talk to him at some point.

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀

Considering math was not only Elise's weak point, but also her least favorite subject, she was finding class reasonably tolerable. But that might've been because of who she sat next to: Allison Argent.

She'd seen Allison once or twice around school in the past few days, usually accompanied by Lydia Martin and Jackson Whitemore. Occasionally she'd see her with Scott, Stiles' friend, and the pair looked awfully close.

Allison didn't have the same air about her as Lydia. Sure, they were both annoyingly beautiful, but Allison seemed softer, more approachable.

⠀⠀"I don't get this at all!" Elise groaned, her head hitting the desk.

⠀⠀"You wanna look at my notes?" Allison offered.

⠀⠀"I tried that already, it's hopeless."

⠀⠀Allison shook her head, "hey, don't say that. Why don't you come over to mine after school and I'll tutor you?"

⠀⠀Elise's head snapped up from the desk. "You'd do that?"

⠀⠀"Of course!" Allison laughed.

⠀⠀"Thank you," Elise nodded.

Just in time, the bell rang for the end of class and everyone began packing away.

⠀⠀"Meet me on the steps outside of school at the end of the day, okay?" Allison said as they exited the classroom, Lydia approaching at a very fast speed.

⠀⠀"Allison, hey!" Lydia greeted. "Elise, I'm sorry about my party. Hope you got home safe." she smiled, and Elise couldn't tell if her concern was genuine or fake.

Elise tried to edge away from the pair, getting the hint Lydia wanted to talk to Allison, when a voice shouting her name behind her made her jump.

⠀⠀"Elise! Hey!" Stiles was speed walking towards her.

Elise turned to Allison and Lydia only to find them staring at her quizzically as the lanky goofball of a boy ran up to her.

⠀⠀"You left this morning without saying anything," he said, scratching the back of his head.

Elise was sure the girls behind her were listening in because she could hear Lydia suddenly go "oh my god, she didn't".

⠀⠀"Oh, yeah, sorry. I didn't want to wake you." she muttered, grabbing Stiles by the arm and dragging him away from everyone.

⠀⠀"W-what are you doing? Where are we going?"

⠀⠀Elise stopped when they reached a fairly silent corridor and turned to him. "Out of context, what you just said sounds very different to how you mean it to." she explained.

Stiles thought for a second, confused, before staring at her with wide eyes.

⠀⠀"Oh shit."

⠀⠀"Yeah!" she put her hands over her face and began pacing. "Oh god, what must they think of me now?"

⠀⠀"Wait, hey," Stiles grabbed her wrist, stopping her. "why does it matter what anyone else thinks? Anyway, anyone would be honored to have slept with the one and only Stiles Stilinski." he smirked.

⠀⠀Elise stared at him, slowly detaching her wrist from his grip and letting out a small laugh. "I guess." she sighed. "Oh, also, do you want me to pay for your desk? I'm sorry I broke it, I feel so bad-"

⠀⠀"It's fine. I needed a new one anyway. If you hadn't broken it I'm sure Scott or I would've." He smiled softly, making Elise relax.

⠀⠀"Well, I better get to class." She sighed, gripping the straps of her bag.

⠀⠀"Oh, yeah. See you around!" and as Elise walked away, she could still see Stiles' grin, as if etched into the back of her mind.

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦

UHHHHHHH CUTE BOYS MAKE ME SO M aD IM SO UPSET KILL ME BYe