Chapter 2 :~: Sheeran Lewis

Sheeran's Perspective[15 years after Steven's disappearance]:-

Darkness, there's darkness all around, all I can see are stars on this magnificent fabric of the Universe, is there an end to it? Is it possible to scale it? What's beyond the golden limits of the Universe? Do beings like us exist who is hiding from us deep somewhere in this dark silhouette of space and time? I can see a small dot in my vicinity, I sense a completely different kind of energy around it, it's a very familiar experience. The dot is vibrating at an intense speed, aaaaannnd ka-boom!! "Sic Mundus creatus est!!" is this how everything came into existence? Oh there I can hear some faint noises calling out my name, hey just a minute why are these turning so harsh.

 The dot is vibrating at an intense speed, aaaaannnd ka-boom!! "Sic Mundus creatus est!!" is this how everything came into existence? Oh there I can hear some faint noises calling out my name, hey just a minute why are these turning so harsh

My Biology teacher shouted"Mr. Lewis! Mr. Lewis! Mr. Lewwwiiss!!!", " Present Mrs. Duncan, I am here!!" I said realizing that I was dreaming in my not-so-favorite class of Biology. "Attendance is supposed to be taken in the morning, Mr. Lewis and this is the final class of the day." She said in her very infamous nasty voice as the other students giggled, "I am sorry Ma'am, I apologize for it" I said, believing that it might be the best way to get out of the situation."Do you think that you are going to get out of this so easily Mr. Lewis? Now come out in front of the class, I have got the perfect punishment for you." I got out and went to the stage without complaining.

 "Now, pick up the marker from the table and explain to us the entire cell cycle, both of its stages and the diagrams," I took the marker, and to be honest Biology was the most boring subject for me, I picked up the marker and wished I could get out of this situation by any means or else I would make an embarrassment of myself again.

I touched the marker on the board to draw whatever I remembered when the handy kept on the table started vibrating, it was Mrs. Duncan's. She picked it answered the person on the call and said, We'll conclude today's class here, I have certain important work to do, so see you in the next class." she picked up her books and pens came to me and said, "You have a very good luck darling but the next time I am surely going to screw you."

Saying so she left the classroom in rage. I was left on the stage, and everyone started leaving the class to the dorms, and I too left the class picking up my books and stuff. As I had the rest of my day off I decided to go to my dorm and sleep. The government must put some restrictions on these personal hostels to avoid the discrimination teachers here do against their students. 

When I was on my way to the dorm, I saw Heath and his gang bullying one of the Class nerds. I acted as if I didn't see anything, man!! I know whatever going on wasn't right but there's this common saying in Raccoon city, "Wear your oxygen mask first and then help others." I sneaked past one of the corners of the hall when the nerd spotted me and he said, "Sheeran please save me, please!! don't ignore me!!" crap! poor me, Heath spotted the imbecile myself.

 "So Mr. Saviour Lewis, are you going to save him? Well, that can be a synonym of a double death wish you know, but if you wish to go on save him," he said. I was so confused till this point, I heard this voice from my heart telling me to run away, I don't know why but my legs started moving towards them. "Hey, you are not going to hurt anyone, because..." I said, "Yeah come to one Mr. Saviour complete the sente.." he stopped, called his goons, and started running, "I will deal with you later, your book and of course you Sheeran." saying so they disappeared into their respective dorms. 

I looked behind and I saw the reason behind them running away. It was Mrs. Duncan, "Fortunately I finished the meeting soon, or else you might have got into a really bad situation, and when I say 'really bad' I mean it." she said as she stormed out of the boy's corridors. "Thank you Mrs. Duncan." the Booky cried and ran away. I was again left stranded, depicting the reality of my life, that's how it is for me, since the beginning.

I was 2 years old when I came here, at least I am told so and as for the name Sheeran Lewis, it was written on a badge hooked to my T-shirt. I was told that the identity of my parents was unknown. It has been almost 13 years since that incident and today at midnight I am turning 15. Most of the kids celebrate their birthdays with parents and friends but that was not the case in this hostel, No celebration + No birthday + No Fun + Only study - Happiness = My Hostel, the worst one in Raccoon city. 

I went to my empty dorm, this was my chance to sleep peacefully

I went to my empty dorm, this was my chance to sleep peacefully. I reached bed no 33,  took the stairs up, and collapsed onto my pillow. I probably was having one of the most peaceful sleep in a long time. 

I woke up around the period of 3:33 am the next day as I had to use the washroom. It was situated a floor below my dorm hence I got down from my bed and advanced to the washroom. After I finished the stuff we do there, I opened the door to go to my dorm, as I placed my foot outside, a rod came towards me and hit me in the head, I blacked out due to the impact and collapsed.

When I opened my eyes I found myself in a spherical capsule, it was silvery all around, in front of me I saw a hooded man with a silver cape and long black hair, pressing some buttons on the control panel with one hand while with the other he was holding a staff. I was not able to see his face as he had his back towards me.

 "Where am I? And Who are ?" I asked the hooded figure, his back still towards me. "Hey, champ gladly you are up, now we can talk about some things. Actua-" I cut him when he was still doing his work on the so-called control panel and said, " Just tell me where am I and who are you? Show me your face." "As you wish kid." He said and turned around.

He was still masked, but it was peculiar, his upper face including his eyes and nose was covered with a pitch-black mask while the rest of his face was like a normal human, so I judged apparently that he might be a human

"Sorry kid I am not allowed to remove my mask till we reach ACE-28072005, but I can tell you this, I am no harm to you, instead consider me as a friend." he said in a friendly manner, "Well despite being an orphan I know that people who kidnap you cannot be treated as friends," I said to him. "But there can be some exception, right? Okay fine to make it a friendly conversation I will let you know my name, it's 'Steven, Steven Clovis and you are Sheeran Lewis..."