4.0

Harry flipped through the empty diary, sat at a table in the Gryffindor common room observing the diary. Alyssa sat perched on the edge of the table, peering down at the book with a frown.
'Tom Marvolo Riddle.'
'Harry, i think you need to take a break from this- there's nothing you can do. Isn't it possible that it's just a diary that was chucked into the bathroom as a joke or a dare?'
'I don't know Lyss. I can't explain it but I just feel like there's something more to it.'

Harry got a thoughtful look, glancing at his quill before he opened the diary and grabbed his quill.
'What are you doing?'
'I'm going to see what happens when I write it in.'

Alyssa give him a look of disbelief, saying dryly,
'Well I'd imagine words would appear, you see that's how quills work. But go ahead, write in the dumb diary.'

Lots of them laughed and Alyssa looked gravely at the floor.

Harry dipped his quill in the ink, hovering over the page causing a drop of ink to fall on the page, being absorbed into the page.

'What the hell?' Lily muttered in disbelief.
Everyone watched confused and a bit scared, none of them knowing of a book that could do that.

Harry and Alyssa looked on in shock.
'What the-What just happened?'
'Um. The diary absorbed your ink. I think that's a good a sign as anytime us to chuck in back in the bathroom.'

Remus nodded instantly,
'Get rid of it now.'

Harry flipped to the next page, finding no evidence of the ink bleeding through. He then dipped his quill in ink again.
'Harry, i don't think this is such a good idea. The diary was thrown away, there may be a good reason for it- it may be dangerous.'
'You literally just said it was probably a joke or dare.'
'Uh yeah, before the diary stole you ink. Hate to burst your bubble Har, but that's not fucking normal!'
'It'll be fine Lyss, relax. It's just a book- what's the worst that can happen.'

'He just had to ask.' Alyssa scoffed under her breath.

Harry wrote in the book and Alyssa watched cautiously.
'My name is Harry and my friend name is-'
'No no no no no!' Alyssa cut him off, 'you better scribble that out now- I don't want the diary to steal my name.'
'Really?'
'Yes really! I mean come on! Why not use fake names at least. Here.'
She snatched the quill of him and scribbled into the book, finishing of his sentence,
'Katie Roberts.' Boom! See that wasn't hard was it?'

'I mean it does seem a lot smarter to give a fake name.' Regulus shrugged.

Harry took the quill back and they both watched in amazement as the ink disappeared, only for writing to appear below.
'Hello Harry Potter, my name is Tom Riddle.'

Everyone's eyes widened.
'That's doesn't seem good.' Frank shook his head, willing them to stop writing in it.
'Whatever sort of a diary is that?' Cissa said in disbelief.
'It's like this Tom Riddle is trapped inside to diary.' Lily commented.
'Seems sus- I'd leave it alone.' Marlene advised.

'How rude, he completely ignored me!' Alyssa scoffed.

'I feel like that's the wrong thing to be focused on after the diary wrote back to you but okay.' Regulus said amusedly to Alyssa and Andy frowned,
'She has a point though. Why would the diary only reply to Harry. It's rather disconcerting.'
'Dis-what?' Sirius frowned in confusion.
'Worrying.' Remus simplified the term for his friend who nodded in understanding.

'Maybe he knows you used a fake name.'
'Maybe he's being sexist- or he knows the legend of Harry Potter and so is only taking an interest in you.'