32 | It's Been A While

It's the next morning after moving in and everyone seems happy and content for the moment, I think everyone is just grateful to be alive and together right now

All the mafia leaders and fathers are in the conference room talking and discussing plans and ideas on how to take down Galen and Carter, at least I think that's what they're talking about since it's been the main topic this far.

All the younger ones and teenagers are in the movie room relaxing together, in their worlds.

Ignorant bliss.

All the mothers are in the kitchen preparing breakfast, lunch, and dinner for everyone since it's such a large group. A few of their older sons are in there helping also, lending a hand where they can.

I've been walking around this mansion trying to find Valentina, I have been able to find her yet. I know she isn't with her brothers because I found them in the movie room with everyone else, I know she isn't with Mez of Felix because they're on shift.

Maybe she's with Marcus and Carlos, our uncles from her mother's side and father figures in our life before we came here, I know she's missed them so much so maybe she's spending some time with them.

I'm walking around random hallways when I hear someone playing the piano and violin, a smile takes over my face — I found them.

  A/N — This is for those who begged for Valentina to play the violin instead of piano, the song is up above. Please play it while reading the remainder of Nate's POV.

My legs follow the music and I find myself standing in front of the music room, I softly opened the door trying not to disturb the serene sound. Peeking around the door I find Carlos sitting at the piano with ushered tears in his eyes, looking at Val who's playing the violin with so much concentration.

Marcus is sitting on a sofa watching them both was so much awe in his expression, he slowly turns to the sound of the door opening and spots me. He pats the sofa beside him for me to sit and I happily walk over and get comfortable, watching both Carlos and Valentina play together once again.

I remember when we were growing up how often this would occur, after Carlos convinced Val to learn piano and violin they would always hide away together and play music.

Watching them both now, I can tell they've missed moments like these. So much has happened that we're all never really been able to sit down and talk, I've missed Carlos and Marcus so much.

They've always been there for us, always supporting us. I just don't want them to ever think Val and I are ungrateful because we're not, we're so thankful for everything they've done for us.

I have a feeling Val wants them both in her life still, finding out they're related by blood is the icing on the cake. I know she still sees Carlos as a father figure, she won't want to lose him.