Chapter-5 🙂

Taehyung's pov

My cell had rung bright and early this morning, and suddenly I had an unexpected lunch date I was rather looking forward to.

Jungkook had mentioned he had a friend who was a recruiter, but he'd failed to include the
part that the woman, Samantha, recruited for Jeon Industries-a company he owned. I was instantly intrigued, and I'll admit I was a tad bit disappointed when she suggested we meet at a restaurant. there wouldn't be any chance of running into Jungkook since we weren't meeting at his office.

But lunch had turned out to be pretty enlightening. We'd spent two hours at a restaurant, now followed by a long walk through the park. After we'd talked about my background and what I was looking for in an employer, the conversation turned to Jeon Industries.

"So Jungkook actually invents the products himself?" I asked. Perhaps I should have spent time Googling the man instead of ogling him on Facebook.

"He used to, although these days he has an entire research and development team. But most of the ideas they work on are his. Believe it or not, that pretty boy is the smartest person I've ever met."

"What was the first product he ever invented?"

"The Pampered Pussy."

I stopped in place. "The what?"

Samantha laughed. "It's packaged as Divine Wax now that it's licensed in fifty countries. But back in college, it was The Pampered Pussy."

"He invented Divine Wax? I've heard that stuff is awesome."

"Sure did. During college, he lived in a frat with a bunch of muscleheads. Some of them were hardcore into working out. They had to wax their bodies, and these brawny tough guys used
to bitch that the waxing hurt. Jungkook worked in the university's chem lab part-time and figured out how to incorporate a numbing agent into the wax. So after the hot wax was painted on the guys' chests and backs, they didn't feel anything as it was ripped off a few seconds later."

"And it turned into a household brand for women and men?"

"He'd go to sororities and make a grand in an afternoon-and get laid by the prettiest girl or sometime guy in the house while he was there. It was unbelievable." Samantha laughed. "He was always easy on the eyes and a little arrogant because of his brains. Women and men love that combination."

We sure do. "That's pretty amazing."

"When Jungkook graduated , he'd already made his first million."

"That's seriously unbelievable."

"Yep. He's like the Zuckerberg of vaginas now-has a dozen other products he's chemically improved. Most are in the health and beauty segment."

"Incredible."

"It is. Just don't tell him I said that." She smiled softly. "So how did you two meet again? He mentioned a double date but didn't get into details. Pulling anything personal from that man is like breaking into Fort Knox. And we've known each other since middle school."

"It's actually a bizarre story. I was on a bad date and hiding outside the restaurant bathroom leaving a message for my friend to call me back and pretend there was an emergency. Jungkook overheard me and basically called me out for being rude. After I went back to my date, he wound up coming over with his date and joining us."

"He knew your date?"

"Nope. He pretended we were old friends and joined us-told these elaborate stories about our fake childhood. Some of them were so detailed and real, I started to feel like they were actually true."