Chapter 8

Inspiration for the song lyrics in this chapter: Do I Wanna Know by Arctic Monkeys

Violet and Caleb start playing. Violet is standing in front of her mic but is looking down at the instrument in her hands.

Caleb is playing from behind us, following up on the beat and the crowd goes wild. They're not seeing us yet, but they know we're here.

With a smile, I look down at the ground and roll my shoulders, easing up a bit of the tension.

The screens start opening up, revealing our shadows to the crowd. If it was possible, the screams get even louder upon seeing us.

The way to the mic is revealed to me, and I know I'll need to make my way over soon. Soon is being when the lights turn on, which is now.

We're exposed to the crowd, and involuntary, a big smile makes its way on my face as I see everyone.

A warm feeling settles itself in my chest upon seeing all the happy faces and even tears in the people's eyes.

I don't know how I'm able to walk, but I do. And as I'm walking on the stage, further into the crowd, I blow kisses to everyone and thank them for coming to see us.

"Thank you," I mouth to both sides and continue to blow kisses, before arriving at the mic and taking it in my hand.

I inhale softly and quickly before parting my lips; "Harsh breaths and headaches, smokes of cigarettes, and the lingering burn of your gaze," I sing and smile at the loud voices accompanying my voice.

They're screams, actually.

"Burn that creeps down my spine and the regret in your eyes, I know you think it was a mistake. And I know the next words that are going to leave your lips are; 'Fuck, we were wasted.'"

I can't help the smile that refuses to leave my face. My body is pumped with energy and I've never felt so relaxed.

Throwing a glance over my shoulder, I witness the light in Vi's eyes and the rest. Nick has a relaxed smile on his face and throws around a wink, while Caleb is focused on his task.

I notice the fans swooning and screaming out their names.

"And wasted is how I feel, my time and feelings. And those wasted fucking times thinking about you."

We all wrote this song, and even Delilah helped. She was the main person to come up with ideas and some phrases.

It's the song that connected us all together.

"I wonder, if you ever thought about me, too. Or were you just lonely in my mind? Was it all one-sided? Your lips told me otherwise, last night."

I sing the rest of the song and feel goosebumps like never before erupt on my skin when the whole arena starts applauding and cheering.

A shy smile covers my face and I shift in my spot.