chapter 4, food

***

***

we all piled into my car and i turned it on.

"where do you guys wanna go?" i asked.

"i wanna go to Steak n' shake." Chris said. looking down at his phone.

"that sounds good."

"kk." i said as i pulled out of the driveway.

"i'm gonna pretend you didn't say that." Nick said as he went onto his phone and started texting someone.

"don't be rude Nicholas." Chris said smacking Nick.

Nick had a shocked but offended look on his face. "you did not just do that to me."

"ah! no hitting in my car or i will buy food and it won't be for either of you." i said looking in my mirror of the backseat.

"sorry." Nick said as he put his hands in his lap. i looked at Chris.

"yes ma'am." Chris said quickly as Matt laughed.

"goes for you too Matthew."

Matt stopped laughing and looked away. Madi just stared at them all with her mouth wide open. she snorted and i glanced at her and then we began to laugh.

"oh my god! y'all got so fucking scared." she said, laughing.

"she sounds like mom!" Nick said.

"she's scary!" Chris said.

"i'm gonna cry because you yelled at me." Matt said.

i rolled my eyes and continued to drive.

"who is driving you to get food? yeah, me. don't try me."

"you terrify me." Chris said leaning towards us his head in between Madi and my seats.

"you'll survive." i said patting his head. he furrowed his eyebrows and looked up at me.

"did you just pat my head?"

"no, Chris it was the fucking unicorn standing next to you." Nick said sarcastically.

"oh my god Nick! shut up!" Chris shouts as he leans back.

"if you both don't stop talking i'm letting y'all starve!"