𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 61: 𝑆ℎ𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑑

☞︎ HAWK'S POV ☜︎

"Dude!"

"Lookin' good!"

"Awesome hair, Hawk!"

People greeted me as we walked down the hallway. Compliments, high-fives, and fist bumps washed over me.

Purple.

Everyone was digging it. Students, teachers, even some enthusiastic parents that were dropping their kids off in the carline. There's only one person, though, that I craved approval from.

Many students passed as Demitri and I walked together through school. Demitri held up his tablet to show me something he found. Last night, he started trying to find any information he could on that ponytail guy that came to the dojo.

"Vietnam vet turned businessman. Had a few ups and downs, but still turned out pretty rich." Demitri said. He found an article on the guy. "Not much dirt, other than some toxic waste scandal in Borneo back in the '80s." He continued.

"Geez. Sounds like a Renaissance man. Terry Silver? How'd you even find out his name?" I asked. Demitri shrugged. "I took a picture at the dojo, then found an old facial recognition beta test and tweaked the code to make it compatible with HEIC." He explained, as if it was nothing hard.

Just then, Yasmine walked up. "I love it when you talk nerdy." She smirked at Demitri, before looking him up and down. "You are both the first and my favorite person to say that." Demitri replied, walking closer to her. I furrowed my eyebrows slightly as I watched their interaction.

Yasmine giggled, before the two leaned in and connected their lips. I looked away, not particularly interesting in watching them make out. After more kisses, Yasmine and Demitri took a couple steps away and started to talk about something.

I couldn't quite hear what they were saying, but I didn't really care, either. I looked around and straightened out my clothes, just in case y/n were to show up anywhere. I want to look good when she sees me.

I looked back at the couple towards the end of their conversation. The two kissed once more. Yasmine walked away, but not before grabbing Demitri's ass.

My eyebrows raised in surprise. Demitri blew her a kiss while she walked. I walked back up to Demitri. "All right, no offense," I smacked his shoulder, "but I have no idea how you pulled that off."

"Neither do I." Demitri exhaled. "I guess I was just... myself," He smiled, "and somehow that worked!"

A small smile formed on my face. I admire Demitri's individuality. He doesn't let anyone tell him who he is.

Then Demitri looked over to me. "What about you and y/n?" He asked. My head whipped towards him, my smile fading. "Have I detected a note of rapprochement in the air?" He nudged me and wiggled his hips a little.

A sigh escaped my lips as my head tilted down. "We're still getting used to each other again, I think." I told him. "Also, she has a boyfriend, so..." I added.

Demitri furrowed his eyebrows. "You mean Henry?" He asked. I nodded lightly. "Oh no. That's over. They broke up weeks ago." Demitri explained. My eyes widened as I looked at him, processing his words.

He slapped my chest, before continuing to walk through the school lobby. I stood with my mouth open for a moment, before walking quickly after him.

"Weeks?" I asked, as we turned down another hallway. He didn't respond, so I continued,

"One week, five weeks? How many weeks is 'weeks'?"

☞︎ Y/N'S POV ☜︎