Chapter one hundred and thirteen

Anakin's pov

"Damm kid, you win again." I chuckled as the padawan lay down another winning hand. I really should learn the rules to this game, either way though he's having fun and seems well distracted. He'd been having a hard enough time, least I could do was loose a few hands of whatever they call this card game.

"Just luck I'm sure..." The young teenager replied with a shrug as he rubbed the back of his neck. The kid was dropped off late last night by a clone commander, I couldn't tell you when since I was half asleep from the days work. Poor thing was crying away from the loss of his master so I did what I could. By that I mean I asked Obi wan to make hot coco then sat and played video games on the holonet with him. Honestly it was great fun, hope someday I have a son and we can do the same thing.

God I'm an awesome dad.

"Anakin have you seen, oh hello there young one, you must be Cal," My master came in saying seeming to discard his question as he saw the boy sat opposite. "My name is Obi wan Kenobi, is there anything I can get you?" He offered kindly as he entered the kitchenet. There wasn't a lot of space on the ship, especially for relaxing around since most of the ship was dedicated to the war effort. I sure missed being at home, all that space and of course, my family. I missed my Angel and of course my little princess too.

"Um, no thank you sir...I'm good." Cal replied keeping his gaze down in a shy manner. The kid was sweet, I see why Ari liked hanging around him, I know they used to have great fun. Actually right now it was hard to believe they were ever friends but I guess the kid was just busy grieving. He lost Ari too, then Ahsoka and now his master.

Kid's been threw hell.

"Alright, Anakin is there anything you'd like?" Obi wan proceeded to ask as he put the kettle on to make drinks. I hummed with a shrug, the universal sign for- "coffee it is." Obi wan managed to decipher.

"Thanks dad." I called back having given up look ago on avoiding calling him that. Yeah he wasn't that much older than me but my master had an old soul and it was adorable at times. He's my father figure no doubts about it.

"...huh...I thought Ari was lying about that one..." I just about heard Cal mumble as the corner of his lips twitched upward. Surprising a chuckle of my own I realised Ari must've told him long ago about our crazy little family. It probably didn't make a lot of sense from the outside but it really was fun - I had a family and I loved it. If only my mom could see me now. Wait wait wait...

"...Anakin aren't you-

"Nerfhearder!" Okay dumb curse but we were trying not to swear around little Ari and well, I was getting into it - not important however right now, right now I was meant to be on a call with my wife. I leapt up to my feet and made a beeline for the door.

"Obi wan! Kid - take care of!" I called back while scrambling towards my room on the ship. Bustling through the door I kicked it shut and made my way over to my bed, reaching under and pulling out an old more secure comms unit. Setting it on the counter I knelt there and powered up the device, watching as the blue hologram of my wife appeared.

She looked ethereal as ever, radiant. I missed her so so much. She was wearing a stunning dark colour dress that glided over her growing baby bump. At least she was healthy and happy, that helped bring a smile to my lips.

"You're late again." She spoke and until that moment I hadn't realised how much I'd missed her voice. It had been a maximum of thirty hours and yet I missed ever aspect of her image so much. There was a smile across her lips showing she wasn't mad, in fact, she appeared to be glowing.

"I know, I'm sorry...I was looking after this padawan and, we'll I lost track of time." I replied rubbing the back of my neck and releasing a long tired sigh. I'd been up all night I was exhausted. Then there was the added fact I'd missed my own daughters first birthday, that, yeah that really sucked...