Chapter 36 - Fuck this coffee

Photo featured above is not mine. Credits to the rightful owner of  the photo.

A/N: Valentine's Day is coming, everyone! How are you going to spend it? ;)

Hope everyone is safe out there. I really appreciate everyone who is reading this. More power to you :)

-------

Carina is telling the truth. Steven and Matthew are here to pick me up to drive me all the way to the airport.

"We didn't know anything about this, Professor Rodriguez. We were just shocked when Athena called to say goodbye and  later on, she's at the airport already." Steven has a hint of disappointment in his voice.

"Dude, maybe she has reasons. All of these are traumatic for her. Just at least understand her part." Sumagot naman si Matthew habang umiiling si Steven.

If she is really going out of the country, good for her so she can live normally but at least she would have said goodbye to me even though it will break my fucking heart because I love her.

Binilisan ni Steven ang pagd-drive from our University all the way to NAIA.

"Damn it. It's already 6:45 pm, I don't think we can get there on time. Her flight is at 7:15 pm." Steven is shaking his head.

Pagdating namin sa airport, Matthew saw the parents of Athena going inside their car. I couldn't see Athena's presence. It is already 7:05 pm and I don't think the security will let me enter.

"What are you even doing here?!" Athena's mom shouted at me.

"Tita, please... Don't do this. I wanna see her." Nagmamadali akong pumasok sa entrance ng Airport.

"She doesn't want to see you." Athena's Dad interrupted. He really hates me.

Meanwhile, there's sadness in the eyes of the mother of Athena.

Tumakbo ako sa may gate ng Departure Area but the guard blocked me.

"Miss, nasaan po yung itinerary receipt ng airline ninyo?"

I was left dumbfounded. Yes, Pilipinas nga pala ito at hindi sila magpapapasok sa loob hangga't Wala kang proof na aalis ka ng bansa.

"Please kuya.. I need to see someone who is very important to me.. please. Before it's too late." I didn't notice that I'm already crying because the guard didn't let me in.

Nakarinig na lang ako bigla ng announcement from the airport staff, the announcement that would break me into pieces.

Announcement: Now Boarding: Flight to Sydney, Australia

Nanlumo ako at napaluhod. I waited for couple of minutes but no sight of Athena. Dumiretso na siya. Iniwan na niya ako without anything left for me.

——

This is the day before the main event. I am currently here in my Hotel Room in Marriott Hotel. The University picked this hotel as a place for the Graduation ball for the Master's Degree Program. I got a news that my Dad will be one of the guests sa Graduation Ball ng Nottinghale University. He keeps on reaching out months ago but my heart still aches whenever it reminds me of him being against me and Athena.