Ship name

Distributor note; hi so I've been MIA for a month, sorry! The author Echa has still been updating on AO3 so I'm just catching up with her on here. Because of that, there's gonna be a lot of uploads in a row, so have fun with that.

The thirty days with a mandrake leaf in their mouths went by both quickly and slowly. Their excuse worked well, or at least well enough that not many people asked questions after the news of the vow of silence spread. During the first week a first year cornered Harry to ask why they weren't talking. Harry grinned at the younger student and pulled out his blackboard.

There's injustice in this world so I took my vow of silence to help fix it.

The first year grinned up at Harry and ran off to tell her friends. Over the course of the second week, each of them were asked why they had taken the vow of silence. Hermione always alternated her answers between showing support for mute teens and wanting to learn BSL. Naturally, being the Ravenclaw lover of learning she was, she was actually learning BSL. Harry fully expected her to be fluent by the end of the month.

When Ron was asked, he always said it was a bet between Draco and him, with increasing prizes for the winner. Draco usually agreed that it was a bet, but he just as often said that he was "too pretty to engage in talking" or something to that effect, which Harry unconsciously agreed with, making some of the upper year girls giggle and coo at them to his confusion.

When Harry was asked, he started by just stating vague injustices in the government, but slowly started getting more specific. Several times he could be found ranting about capitalism ruining the country while Draco pulled him to class so they wouldn't be late.

During the third week, Derek, the Hufflepuff who had spilled the beans about Harry's Parseltongue, asked Harry why he took the vow of silence. Harry began to write out his usual rant, but Derek interrupted him. "Bartholomew, if I have to hear one more word about how bad capitalism is-" he cut himself off, rubbing his face. "What's the real reason?"

Harry just looked at him confusedly, then turned to Draco, who shrugged. Harry scribbled on his blackboard for a second, then turned it towards Derek. Capitalism sucks. Draco let out an exasperated sigh and dragged him off to their next class.

Finally the end of the month arrived and Hermione gathered them all at the entrance to the Chamber. Harry hissed the password, having found out that it was actually quite easy to hiss around the mandrake leaf. As they reached the main chamber, Harry called out for Salmissra.

Sssalmissssssra! Are you here?

Harry Hatchling! I am here. Tell your bussshy hair friend that I found the morning-sssun-water that no one hasss ssstepped on.

Harry grinned and turned to Hermione. "Salmissra found the dew. We'll need to collect the silver teaspoons for later. What do we need now?" His voice was muffled around the mandrake leaf and Hermione glared at him for a moment before sighing and pulling out her list before pointing to the next step. She read it quickly and took out her mandrake leaf, pulling a strand of hair as she did and summoning one of the crystal vials they had brought down to the Chamber just for this purpose. She dropped the two ingredients into the vial and closed it. The others copied her, Harry grinning as Hermione swatted across the back of his head for speaking with his mouth full.

"Ok. We need to add the dew and leave the vials here for seven days. Then we need to add the other ingredients. Harry, I assume the Death's Head Moth Chrysalises came in?"

Harry nodded. "Got them a month ago and stored them down here." He turned to Neville. "I presume you found out when the next electrical storm is so you can get your plants moved where they need to be in time?"