Chapter 6

Late at night , Shao Boya still isn't asleep . He was busy reading books , studying advanced lessons . Kids at his age was supposed to only learn simple addition and subtraction , but Shao Boya has already began recognizing numbers over ones , tens , hundreds to hundred thousands .

Instead of reciting simple poems , Shao Boya was reading english vocabulary and stories .

The boy spun his cheap pencil for a while before calculating the problem he had read on the book . There's a lot of tricky logics within it but Shao Boya effortlessly comprehended the problem after some time of contemplation .

Shao Boya had long since finished all his homeworks and all he did right now was just reviewing his answers and also to scan wether he had made any stupid mistakes .

When he reread some problems again , his profeciency when it comes to solving math problems increased and the time he spent on solving a single item was shortened .

There's a sudden knock on the door bringing the focused child's attention to the door . A few seconds later , a cute head peeked inside . Shao Yu shyly entered while nervously looking back at her silent brother and hesitated for a while before showing her notebook and carefully trotted towards his direction . Shao Yu then took a seat beside Shao Boya and took a peek at the alphabets on her brother's notebook .

Shao Yu gulped then slowly opened her own notebook . The big brother's irises then fell unto the crook simple chinese characters on the notebook .

" B-brother " the young child called out .

" Hmm? " The older kid responded and put down his pencil .

Shao Yu licked her lower lips then looked at the foreign characters on her big brother's notebook . " Are you being taught english in your class , Brother ? "

" No , we are more in playing and learning chants and songs , socialization , simple math , English and etc .. " Answered Shao Boya and boredly spun his pen .

Shao Yu then showed Shao Boya her notebook where crookedly drawn circles , triangles and rectangles could be seen .

" Brother , the teacher told us to name these shapes , but I can't remember them anymore. " Shao Yu expressed a distressed look and put her forefinger to her temple . She looks really cute but Shao Boya's attention wasn't focused to Shao Yu's face but instead on the ugly drawn shapes on the paper .

Shao Boya sneered . " What kind of shapes are these? I almost couldn't recognized these . "

" But i tried my best to immitate the blackboard though . "

Shao Boya sighed then slowly stood up to fetch some things . When he came back , Shao Yu is still seated on the chair with a behaved expression .

Shao Boya returned to his seat and showed Shao Yu the things in his hand .

" Brother , what's that? "

Shao Boya put all the things on the desk and pointed at a small coin . " The coin's shape is circle . "

" Circle? "

" En , it's circle ... The ball's shape is also circle . " Shao Boya showed a picture of a basketball , and volleyball .

Shao Yu immediately remembered its name and answered the item she recognized and wrote the word circle on the item .

This way , the two children helped each other on answering homeworks . When Lu Meifeng came to check them , this scene entered her vision which brought warmth to her heart .

" Hello mom ... " Greeted Shao Boya while guiding Shao Yu on how to write .

Shao Yu penmanship is very ugly which brought a helpless expression upon his face . Shao Boya looked at the doorstep and saw his mother watching them with a loving smile . Shao Boya pursed his lips then poked Shao Yu .