Chapter 23: Silent

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share!

Spam the comments for me <33

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

It has been 3 days since I've heard the news about my father. I haven't come out of my room since - I haven't even left my bed.

I only left my bed to shower or brush my teeth.

I hear footsteps from outside my room and I sigh, already recognizing who it is, "Dear, please can you come out for breakfast?" My mother's voice calls out from the other side of the door.

"I'm not hungry," I repeated the answer I told her for 3 days already. I don't know what's wrong, there is just a lump in my throat and I can't bring myself to do anything.

"You need to eat, Maeve," Her voice sounded exhausted and deteriorated.

"I know it's hard but-," Before my mother could complete her sentence I was already out of bed. I open the door and stop her from speaking.

I inhale deeply, counting on my weak voice, "Please, don't talk about it. I'll be downstairs in a few," My mother nods and gives me a reassuring smile. She then turns away, walking back down the stairs.

I close my door and enter the bathroom, quickly brushing my teeth and washing my face. I make my way out of the bathroom to my closet, rummaging for my clothes.

I observe a set of clothes and change into that of clothing.

I let my hair dangle loose and exit my room. I sigh before my feet collided with the stairs, the house was silent. No single noise echoed through the house like it used to, it felt deserted.

It didn't feel like home anymore, not when someone is missing.

I keep moving until I enter the dining room. My eyes land on my brothers, my mother and Kayla who are eating their breakfast.

There was no chatting at the table like we used to - It was noiseless.

I head over to the table and sit in my seat. The last time I sat here was 3 days ago.