ᠻifty

SEHOONmoms gonna kick out ass

SEHOON
moms gonna kick out ass

SOOJIN
mom isn't gonna know

SEHOON
she always knows

SOOJIN
tell her your anxiety's acting up
and i'll say my period cramps
are really bad

SEHOON
that won't work every time

SOOJIN
WELL ITLL WORK THIS
TIME DAMNIT

one month.

soojin had been back in canada for a whole month, and she was about ready to go home. she'd strayed away from talking to her friends back in korea, and she wasn't quite sure why, but her family was a great distraction.

"suanne bae, if i open this door and see you with a blunt, i swear to god!"

eyes wide, the siblings look at each other, both with matches in their hands as they were about to light up. sonic would be envious at how quickly soojin and sehoon managed to throw the blunts out her bedroom window, waving their arms around to distribute the smell of smoke. "hurry!"

"i'm going as fast as i can!" sehoon whispered back, frowning at the fact that he was getting scolded.

soojin narrowed her eyes, "i should have absorbed you in the womb."

"well that's not very nice..."

the younger shook her head, voice rising to a shout. "come in!"

the door creaked open and their mother, donna bae, appeared with thin lips as her sharp gaze flicked between her two children. "you two look suspicious."

"nope. just watching tv to distract me from really bad cramps..." the girl forced a wince, "ow."

unconvinced, donna narrowed her eyes. "you're a terrible liar, you know." but she eventually just dropped her shoulders and rubbed her forehead. "now that the funeral's over and the will is set, i want you to go back to school."

perfect timing, soojin mentally hummed, but the fact that her mother was saying it made her think otherwise. "what if i want to spend more time with you and steve?"

"you did not just call me steve." sehoon gasped, jaw-dropping in vexation.

soojin smirked before sticking her tongue out at her brother, "i totally did. whatcha gonna do about it?"

before the twins could tackle each other, their mother sat between them and lit a cigarette she pulled from her purse. the two could only watch, flabbergasted, as the well-known enemy of smoking, aka donna, took a hefty drag. "you two will be the death of me."

sighing out the smoke, their mother glanced between her children. "listen, some day one of you two will inherit this company, and i want you both to be ready."

"why can't our cousin just do it? he's more successful than either of us," soojin complained, referring to their aunt's son, jacob. he was born and raised in canada, anyway, and did indeed have more experience in the entrepreneurship than the twins.

however, the request caused donna to chuckle. "you know how my sister is. she isn't letting that boy anywhere near this business. i don't blame her."

and yet you want us to take over? "... what if we can't do it?"

donna's naturally sharp gaze fell on her daughter, softening slightly at the words soojin often said as a child. she'd grown so much more confident living in korea, her mother didn't want to take that away from her. it's why she needed her to go home.

"you are my children. you can do anything you put your minds too, don't forget that."

at the end of the day, soojin agreed to return to korea. their grandfather left the family his vacation home in gangnam, which was where the girl would be staying. for now, at least.

she had the feeling a lot had changed in just a month, and she wasn't looking forward to it.

bear w me okay i see ALL THE VOTES but it's gonna take some timeeeee <3