Chapter 13 - Tsunade

♦︎_____________♦︎____________♦︎

Footsteps bolted up the wooden stairs. The figure pushing past strangers in the hallway. Finally making it to the her designated destination out of breath. The door was slammed open shocking the woman inside. 

"Tsu-Tsunade-sama!" 

"Shizune? What's wrong?" 

Tsunade stood up and made her way to check on her student. 

"I found something. But, I'm not sure you are going to like it." 

"Please. Tell me what you found." 

Shizune took a deep breath to calm her nerves. She picked up her gaze and met light brown ones. 

"It's about Kakashi, Hatake." 

"Kakashi? What about him." 

"He's absence has been very off. Between missions and teaching his students. Wouldn't he take a break? But, he hasn't been around recently. I even went back into his medical files and it mak-"

"Kakashi has took on a mission recently. I sent him to the land of rain to talk to the leader there. And about those files you saw." 

Tsunade paused and rubbed her head. Her stomach dropped and she picked at her purple painted finger nails. 

"I have to admit. I have been worried about Kakashi. He hasn't been dealing with his past very well. I wanted to help him get rid of some of his worries. So I-" 

"Tsunade-sama?" 

"I gave him various dosage of Midazolam." 

"Tsunade-sama! You can't be serious!" 

"I know, I know. I regret what I did. I-It's just the village could not handle a loss of a ninja like Kakashi. I had to think as the Hokage and Kakashi is a main power source for us." 

Silence was heard through the room and Shizune rubbed her forehead in frustration. She couldn't look at her sensei. She hid her emotions and let out a breath. 

"I understand. Guess I have to go back to the drawing boards then." 

With that Shizune left the room and left Tsunade. Guilt filled her stomach and she leaned against her desk. Thinking back she didn't deserve to be called a medical ninja, Kakashi put trust in her and she just ignored that. 

"Kakashi have you been getting nightmares again?"

Tsunade  sat down next to the male and crossed her ankles. Kakashi's eyes fell to his lap and he brought his attention to the view outside. 

"Tsunade? Can I ask you something?" 

"Yeah." 

Kakashi gripped the white cover sheets making his knuckles turn a lighter hue. 

"Do you think a deserve love? After all the things that I've done? I look at myself in the mirror and notice my scars. Every time I look at them, I see my broken promise. Nobody would love me for me." 

Tsunade looked over at Kakashi and tried to hold back her tears. 

"Kakashi everyone deserves love and so do you. You'll find someone who loves you. Scars and all. When you find them you hold them tight." 

Kakashi's eye's widened and he slowly nodded. 

"I understand. Thanks ,Tsunde-sama." 

Tsunade never wanted to numb Kakashi's past. All that Kakashi needed was someone to relate too. Whatever happens too Kakashi is on her. She was the one who gave him the advice to move forward.