Nostalgia

2015

"it's boring." I mutter to Khushi as we were sitting in our class with nothing special to do since the teacher was absent and we were given a free class. We usually get another class, maths usually, which I despise, but for today no teachers had time to take a proxy lecture since exams are very close and they were busy with completing their syllabus. And about that, I didn't worry at all, I was a gifted child. All I had to do was take a look at the notes a day before the exam and I'm gonna ace it.

"what can we do then?" she mutters back.

I glance at all the other students to check what were they doing, half of the class was just talking with their friends or playing, some toppers just had to study now. Boo you. I lean back on my bench and think of a way to pass time. Me and Khushi were sitting together on the last bench of the class away from all the drama of the other students, we were pretty much the silent kids as everyone call it. But we didn't care what they think of us, we were just happy that we got be best friends.

Alright back to the topic, what to do? What to do?

I got it.

"ok ok, hear me out, let's make a scenario in our mind of what would happen if we were in New York."

"alright let's do this." She agrees eagerly.

"okay, so first thing we do when we get in a plane is we just look out of the window, just imagine the view."

We both dramatically take a deep breath just fascinated by the imagination, you know what the best part is? We get to choose our own scenery of the sky. fluffy clouds floating in the labyrinth of sky, so close it felt like we could touch it, glowing orange rays of sunlight shined bright on those milky clouds just like our naïve hope beaming on our dreams. It was magical, considering it would be our first time ever traveling in a plane it should be worthy.

"but I want a window seat too." Khushi told me.

"don't worry, we would take turns."

She nods and we move on to the next step in our trip,

"first thing we do after reaching to New York is find a restaurant." She adds.

"but how do we find one?"

"just skip that part."

We skip to the main plot where we were sitting in a fancy restaurant with all the best food in the world on the table

"what does that place look like?" Khushi asks,

"a big building and we would be on the top floor, we would have the whole room just for ourselves, a big chandelier in the middle, we would sit next to those wall made of glass where we can see all the buildings in the city."

"and where would we go next?"

"we would go to the statue of liberty and stand on the torch. At the very top."

"are we even allowed to go there?"

"who cares. It's our mind, we can think whatever we want."

She laughs at my way of thinking but again she's just like me so if I'm stupid she is too.

"I heard it's surrounded by water, we could swim there. Can you imagine just having the whole place for ourselves. No homework, no studying, no classmates to ruin our time, just chill." She says

"don't forget time square. That's the best place."

"what is that?"

"it's a place with those big screens on the buildings, it's really cool."