52

Filia Mea...

I still can't get those words out of my head. She's never called me that before. It sounds so, familiar. Yet foreign at the same time.

Ugh... stupid Selene and her stupid mind games.

I get out of the bath, dry off and slip into a silk nightgown. I lay in bed tossing and turning, thinking about my little encounter. I hate when she does that shit. I look over at the time.

2:23am, where is Zane?

I try to link him, but he has me blocked. Whatever, I don't need him to sleep. I dig in my nightstand drawer until I find the bottle I'm looking for. Thank Goddess for Valerian root, it always helps me fall asleep.

*

*

*

Zanes POV

I decide to block off all links to help keep my mind clear while I do this. If I mess it up, let's just say bad things could happen. I lock my office door and pull open my safe. Carefully grabbing the amulet I walk over to my desk and sit down with the amulet in hand. I inhale deeply and close my eyes before whispering the words.

"vino să-mi vorbești."

The amulet glows brightly, filling the room with a red light. I see the shadow of a form start to manifest in front of my desk. Before I can blink he's standing in front of me.

"You rang?" He smirks as he takes a seat in the chair behind him.

"I did. I need your help."

"The great Alpha needs my help? Interesting." He taps his index finger against his chin and I growl lowly.

He laughs "Easy Alpha, I mean no harm. What do you need my help with?"

"I presume you know of your Royal Covens intent?" I ask.

He nods "indeed I do. What of it?"

"Do you side with them?" I furrow my brows as I ask him.

He scoffs "Not in the slightest. I find it rather... appalling."

"I've heard that there are actually a few covens who agree with you."

His eyebrow raises at that "Really? I hadn't heard. So that makes me wonder, how did you?"

This time I smirk at him "Let's just say I have my ways."

A sly smile crosses his face "Very well. What do you need my help with?"

"I want to set up a meeting with those whose opinion matches your own. Do you think you can find out who they are and convince them to meet with me?"

He gives me a suspicious look "Why?"

I sigh "Because I have an interest in keeping this from becoming a full scale war."

"Hmm.." him rubs his chin for a moment.

"I have people here who want to resolve this as peacefully as possible. Including myself."

He nods at me "I'll see what I can do."

Before I can reply he's gone.