Chapter 31 - i lost faith

Leo's Pov (PLS VOTE)

She groans and runs her hands through my hair as I begin to pull away. Looking at me through her pretty ass eyes.

"I never hated you and I'm so fucking happy we met. I was just... I just got mad, I push people away when they get too close." She whispers, looking down at the floor.

"And I never thought you were exhausting. It was the situation we were in. Were, past tense. The whole fake bullshit was exhausting, but you... sweetheart. You are the furthest thing from boring that I have ever had the pleasure of loving. I've loved you for so, embarrassingly long..." She smiles and puts her hands in mine.

"Since high school, I've loved you. But I've been... in love with you for a stupid amount of time. You remember the night of the charity?" I question and her eyes light up, sparkling just a little.

"You complimented my earrings..." She remembers. Because she loves me. Belle loves me.

"I've been in love with you since then." I had to get this all off my chest before she could push me away again, because I wanted her to... want me? I've never fought so hard for one person.

Yet i'd continue to do it until Belle knows how much she means to me. "One last thing..." Her eyebrows narrow at my change in tone, but she lets me speak.

"Uhm..." I feel three little squeezes on my hand as I avoid her eyes. "Oli... he went to look for you in New York after you ran away..?"

She quickly drops my hand. ouch. "I was the one who told him, that you were there. Because well... He kept telling me about you, how scared he was that you just disappeared. So then when I saw you in that shop, y'know, with Beth and everything-"

"You told him? You told him where I was?" I nod and take a step back, ready for her to give out to me. But her eyes soften and she slowly walks towards me, wrapping her arms around my waist. "I... You didn't even know me. I never noticed you in school..? Yet you still cared."

I nodded and she hugs me tighter. "That's why I love you Leo, always have. Even when I was in denial."

Relief washes over me and I kiss her forehead.
She loves me. I'm loved by someone. Someone loves me

I love you Leo. I love you Leo. I love you Leo.

"Say it again." She groans and looks at me. "Shut up." I let her walk away and catch up eventually, throwing an arm over her shoulder. "You love me..." She shoves me in the side and turns away, hiding her face.

"Asshole." I wait a couple seconds as we walk back to my car. "Yeah, an asshole that you love." I stretched out the word and she shot me an irritated look.

A look she gave to me. Because she loves me, yet hates me. 'I hate you so much, that I love you.' Belle loves me.

~~~~~~~

I drop my bag on the floor and Belle roots through it for one of my hoodies, presumably.

"We aren't in a fake relationship anymore..." She says quietly, sitting down on the bed. "What are we in.?" I question.

"Like... a friends with benefits? a 'situationship'? a relationsh-" I stop her before she can talk more bullshit.

"Sweetheart, did you not hear me back there. You are mine and no one else's . We are boyfriend and girlfriend. End of the fucking story." She grins and tugs me on to the bed with her.

"How many people have you slept with?" She says it so calmly, just stroking her hand up and down my arm. You wouldn't think she just asked me such a strange question.