Episode 7: Arlo & Holden

Arlo POV (Holden in italic + quotes)

Hmmm... Seraphina's been hanging around the new kid a lot recently. I can't believe she missed our Turf Wars match yesterday, too.

"Holden, how are you doing?"

"I'm doin ok. You?"

"I'm ok. Seraphina didn't show up to Turf Wars yesterday, which was odd. She's usually really punctual."

"Hmm... I wonder if she and John-"

"If John and I what?" Said Seraphina.

"Wha-? Where did you come from?"

"I go to school here- and also live in the dorms here. Why can't I come and get some food from the cafeteria on a Sunday? There's a breakfast waffle thing happening, so I'm gonna get some waffles." Seraphina replied.

"Fair point. Also, uh, are you and John, uh, erm, eh-

"No! We're just friends." stated Seraphina- obviously annoyed.

"O-ok."

"Uuuuum, I'm here too?"

"Ik."

"See ya later, imma go get breakfast. Also, don't dig in my personal business. He's just my friend, understand?" Said Seraphina.

"U-understood."

"Got it!"

"Let's go to our dorm. Maybe we can play foosball or something?"

"Sounds good to me. Also maybe we could watch a movie after or something?"

"That works for me. Let's go."

John POV (Sera in italic + quotes)

*Rrrrrrring! Rrrrrrrrring!*

Urgh. Again? You've gotta be kidding me.

"Hello?"

"Oh- sorry if I woke you up. I just wanted to tell you that Holden thought we were... erm... uh..."

"Well, I guess how he thought that. We have been spending a lot of time together recently lol."

"My main question is, uhm, do you think-"

"No. I don't. Do you?"

"No. And that's what I told him. Also, Arlo seemed like he agreed with Holden."

"Also, who's Holden?"

"Arlo's assistant/friend. Holden is almost always guarding Arlo, and he actually respects him instead of fear."

"Huh. Arlo doesn't seem like the type to have friends like... well, friends in general."

"You have a point. He is a bit of a loner. Also, didn't you say something about a safe house a bit ago?"

"Oh yeah! My idea was to have a place where people can forget about past encounters and have a fresh start, do homework, or just chill. And also the name safe house seems like the outside is really bad, which is probably true in some alternate universe or something. But my new name idea was The Chill Zone. Or RnRZ. Or-"

"We can make a poll for the name. For now we should focus on making it, if we are. If so, I'm in. It sounds like a good idea. I should introduce you to some of my friends so we can make the place happen. Sound good?"

"Yeah."

"Let's head to the dorms so we can talk about it!"

"Sera, you do know that I just woke up 10 minutes ago?"

"Oh... right. See you in... 15?"

"That'll work. See you then!"

I then peeled myself out of bed, got dressed, ate breakfast, brushed my teeth, and all that. When I finally arrived, it had been closer to 45 minutes than 15.

"There you are John! It's been 30 minutes longer than you said!"

"Sorry. Anyway, who did you want to introduce me to?"

"Probably Elaine, Isen, Remi, and Cecile. There's a few others I'd like to introduce you to, but for now I'll stick to the ones that will likely help us with founding the whateverwearegonnacallit club. Make sense?"

"Yep."

"John and Holden might help too, but I don't know."

"So we gonna go?"

"Yep!"

Sorry for the kinda short one and extra late post, but I have relatives visiting so I had to clean, also I get distracted easily. I also might not post tomorrow bc of relatives, but idk. You know the drill, characters belong to Uru-chan, cover pic by UwUzul, Yada yada. Also please suggest names for the alternate timeline safe house in the comments! Supr Out!