Flinching

Look, I want to acknowledge that I know Josh wouldn't do this but I really want to write this one shot and as some backstory their relationship has been on the rocks for a while

Maya's POV

"You are being ridiculous Josh!! We were just hanging out!" I yelled back, tears starting to fill my eyes. "How am I being ridiculous when my girlfriend is cheating on me with Charlie Gardner!?" He shouts back at me as a tear falls down my cheek, "How could you think that?!" I respond, tears now falling freely down my cheeks. "How could I not?! Guys are permanently checking you out no matter what! And you do nothing, almost as if you like it!" He continues. "Are you kidding?! You have no idea how uncomfortable it makes me!" I respond and we continue for while {I-I can't write Josh saying something extremely rude to her :(}. Until he says somethings that causes me to raise my hand and slap him. My eyes widen as I realise what I did and I flinch slightly when he raises his own hand. Only for him to place it on his cheek as his eyes bore into me. "Why did you flinch Maya?" He asks softly, and I stumble backwards slightly unnerved. "I-I" I start stuttering before he gently cuts me off, "Did you think I'd hit you?" He asks me gently and I nod slightly, feeling worried. "Gorgeous...I'm sorry, I know I haven't been the greatest boyfriend lately and the way I just yelled at you...what I said...I can never apologise enough for, I know you wouldn't cheat. You have always been such a great girlfriend and even before we were together you waited for me to be ready a-and I promise you that no matter what happens between us I will never, ever lay a finger on you." Josh says, slowly approaching me and gently taking my hands in his. I look up at him, his eyes full of sincerity and I see the red mark forming on his cheek and instantly feel guilt fuel me. "I-I'm s-sorry Josh.." I whisper and look down at the ground. I feel his fingers under my chin lifting my gaze to meet his, "Don't be Gorgeous, what I said..I deserved it..." He says softly before slowly pulling me into a hug.

--Thanks for reading! I'm not sure I like this, purely for the fact I don't think this would ever happen but I've had this plot playing around my head for a while and I just wanted to get it written. I hope you enjoyed and have a great day!--