𝐛 𝐨 𝐧 𝐮 𝐬 # 𝟏

What if Madelyn didn't imprint on Nathaniel?

CHAPTER THREE

"She is adopted, maybe she could belong to La Push. I can't see her future clearly now. Maybe coming to Forks sped up the process," Alice stated, trying to see her in her visions.

"Don't worry Rose, even if she shifts, you two could still be friends. I don't think she will hate you because of that," Rosalie looked up at her husband.

"But she couldn't come here anymore, could she?" Rosalie turned her head to Carlisle, who nodded.

"I believe if we talk to the pack, explaining the bond between her and Nathaniel, maybe they would allow it. Perhaps Madelyn will imprint on Nathaniel..." He didn't have a chance to finish his sentence that Nathaniel ran to the woods. He couldn't even think about the possibility that she would imprint on someone else. The mere thought made him so mad he destroyed the trees around him. If she did shift, and imprint on someone else, he didn't think he could live with that. He would let her be happy because that's what she deserved but he wouldn't stay there. He didn't want to be an inconvenience to her happiness.

But if she did imprint on him, he couldn't care less about her being a shapeshifter. Their bond would be stronger, and he could live forever with his love without having to turn her.

CHAPTER FOUR

The other members of the pack came back to eat lunch and caught up with Madelyn. At the end of the afternoon, Madelyn was exhausted. All of her bones were aching, and she just wanted to sleep. Sam suggested her to not go to school for the next week, as her temper will still be bad. She still had to learn to shift more easily. He also told her that in two weeks, they will have a council meeting, where she will learn the legends and who her parents are.

She walked back to Billy's house to join her dad on the way back to their house. She met Billy's eyes, who nodded reassuringly. Charlie raised his eyebrow at his daughter's outfit. She wasn't wearing that this morning, was she?

"Um it got dirty on my way to see the boys?" She stated, not really sure of her excuse. Her dad wasn't not convinced but he let it go. Arriving at the Swan's house, Madelyn told him she was tired and went to bed already. She locked the door behind her and looked outside. She felt a pull toward the forest and felt like she had to know what it was. She opened the window and jumped. She was in awe at her new abilities, but she had to know where the pull was taking her before she lose it. She ran into the forest and stopped in a clearing.

Closing her eyes, she took in all the scents and the noises she could perceived. She felt connected to the forest on another level. The pull she felt told her to walk forward but before she could, she locked eyes with golden ones, a few meters away from her.

Gasping in surprise, Madelyn took a step back. She hadn't expected him to stand there, at night, near her house...

"Mr. Cullen?" Without her being able to control it, her entire body started to shake slightly, reacting to the vampire's presence. It was warning her about a possible danger. 

"Madelyn," Nathaniel tilted his head in greeting, his heart losing all hopes of her imprinting on him. She would have done it by now. "We wanted to know how you were feeling, after shifting for the first time," He spoke, trying to control the shaking of his voice.