17

Other pov

Sunday.
9:51am.

I watch her as she gets out of the drivers side her car. She's wearing blue and white plaid pajama pants and a white hoodie. I've never seen her wear that before. Must be new, I shrug it off.

She walks to the other side of the car and opens the passenger door. She says something and laughs as a guy who looks familiar but I can't place where from, gets out.

The two of them are standing outside of the car talking. I cant make out what they're saying so I crack my window in attempts to hear. No luck.

She stands on her tippy toes and kisses him. So those clothes aren't new, they're his.

I stay in my car as I watch them travel their way through the parking lot and into the restaurant.

Rivers pov

Chris and I are sitting in a booth, he's across from me. "What are you getting?" He asks.

"Chocolate Chip pancakes." I say with a smile.

"We're at Ihop, you can literally order anything and you're going with chocolate chip?" He says questioning me.

"Yep. Gotta keep it simple. I know what I like."

He tilts his head. "Do you?"

I stare back at him knowing he isn't talking about food anymore. "Do you?" I say putting emphasis on the you.

"French toast."

"Wait that kinda sounds good." I say rethinking my choices. "You have me confused in so many ways."

"Yeah? And what ways are those?" God that yeah could've killed me right there.

"That! That shit you do. You play dumb all the time."

"Only when I think I need to."

"Wowww." I drag out. Dick.

He breaks character and laughs, banging his fist on the table. "I'm kidding."

"No, I'll remember that," I say nodding my head and crossing my arms against my stomach.

"Oh will you?" He plays dumb again.

"Just you wait." I mumble as I smile and look away.

The waitress then came over to take our orders. I decided to stick to the pancakes, I DO know what I want. Chris, of course, ordered his french toast.

We talked more about random things until our food ended up coming. I noticed how all of our conversations start with random topics that always lead us to a deep conversation.

"Your Friday video is doing pretty well." I point out. I watched the video last night when I couldn't sleep.

"Yeah, you guys carried." He says taking a bite of his food.

I laugh a little, shaking my head. "You guys were the ones with the energy."

"Did you look at the comments?" He asks.