I decided on you!

Grace POV:

"Oh my god train i missed you so much!", i exclaim still sitting on the cold metal floor and brushing my hand over the scratches people left on the floor.
I hear Eric chuckle beside me. He puts my bag down and sits beside me leaning his head against the wall and closing his eyes.
At times like this he looked so at peace but when i would catch a glimpse of his eyes i would see only nervousness.
"Whats bothering you?", i ask and face him completely.
He looks at me from the corners of his eyes, and sighs.
"I could ask you the same thing.", he answers, smirking but it disappears soon,"seriously though, is everything okay up there ....and in there?"
He taps my head lightly and then moves over to my heart.
I sigh.
"Yeah, i guess.", i answer not managing to look at him.
It's silent for a while until Eric raises from the ground pulling me with him.
"We're almost there.", he states and takes my bag.
I roll my eyes. He refused to let me carry my bag because he still thought i was weakened by the bullet wound.
After i had taken the little trip to the lake i only stayed about a week longer until i managed to convince both Stan and Evelyn to let me go and return back to my leader position in Dauntless.
I look out of the train cart, the wind blowing into my face. I could see the rooftop of the dauntless compound and my heart picked up the pace.
I hadnt set a foot into dauntless for over a year.
We waited a few minutes and then we jumped out of the train cart. It was as time had slowed down while i was mid-air, my hair flew all around my head and my arms were above my head. A few seconds after though, that wonderful feeling was gone as i land on the rooftop gracefully.
I laugh and turn back to Eric. "God damn i missed this!", i laughed and he smirks while throwing my bag over his shoulder and making his way to the ledge, his muscles flexing with every move he makes.
I smirk as an idea pops into my head.
As he looks over the edge i slowly and quietly move towards him until im standing right behind him.
"I think they're all waiting for us down there...", he starts but i dont let him finish because soon after i charge towards him, putting my arms around his torso and pulling him from the ledge with me.
"GRACE IM GONNA KILL YOUUUU!", he shouts as we fall and i just laugh hysterically.
We are finally caught by the net and im not even able to bounce back up once as im pulled off the net and into Four's arms.
"Tobyy!!", i shout into his ear and hug him back. After a while he lets go smiling down at me, and i felt a certain warmth in the pit of my stomach.
Four usually never smiled.
Soon after Max charges at me and engulfs me in a bearhug spinning me around. I giggle and hug him back.
"Hey Max-bear, how are things?", i ask and he chuckles.
"Ah well you know, good since you decided to get your ass out of hospital.", he answers and winks at me and i throw my head back and laugh, then punch him playfully.
I hear someone clear their throat and i look behind Max to see someone i hadnt seen in years.
My eyes widen and my mouth is a gape.
"Aunty Amalia?", i stutter.
She gives me a genuine smile straightening her navy blue dress, similar to my mothers, and steps forward opening her arms, ready for a hug.
My eyes become watery and my lip trembles lightly as i jump into her arms and hug her tightly.
"Grace, my dear, i think we need to talk.", she states and pats my back.
"No, i think she doesnt.", Eric suddenly states behind me and i turn around to look at him. He had his arms crossed infront of his chest and gave her the best glare he could do. He eyed her suspiciously and i sigh.
"Its okay Eric, I'll meet you at dinner okay?", i say and put my hand on his arm, attempting to calm him. He looks at me with those piercing blue eyes and i find myself lost in them yet again.
"Fine.", he growls and eyes Amalia once again before turning on his heel and disappearing into another hallway. Just then i realize that everyone else was gone too.
I turn around again and face my Aunt and gesture towards the leaders hallway.
"Lets talk then.", i say and take her hand leading her to my apartment.

*4 hours later*

"Grace, you cant blame yourself.", Amalia says shaking her head which made her blonde locks bounce up and down.
I look at my hands searching for words that could possibly describe the chaos in my head.
"I can, and i will. Ami, im divergent, my mother was right, i.am.the.threat.", i say saddness in my voice.
"Dear, you are anything but the threat, you are beautiful, and strong and intelligent and honest and so much more, how could you possibly be the threat?", she asks her voice as light as feathers, while taking my hand in hers.
I shake my head violently. How could she say those things?
I was at the edge of tears.
"Because... I killed my sister. Because... I killed mother, too.", i sob and tears start streaming down my face, "because... Im a mess, Ami. You know, when that bullet hit me i thought it would be all over. I was ready to die! How am i going to live with the fact that i took my sisters life?!"
She just stares at me and smiles sadly.
"You are strong. You're going to figure it out. Just keep in mind that...it is your mother, my own sister, who is to blame. Not you, never you.", she says and i felt my heart tighten at her words. I killed her sister, too.
I smiled at her, it was getting difficult to make it look convincing, but i did. And she bought it.
She stands up and gives me a hug.
"Thank you, Aunty.", i say trying to keep my voice from shaking.
"Its okay, i love you, you know that right?", she says and places a hand on my cheek.
I didnt. I believed that there was a part of her that hated me for what I've done. But i couldnt possibly say that now. So i put my best smile on and nod.
"I know. I love you too."

-------------------------------

When she left, i returned back to my room and sink onto my bed, hands in my lap.
I couldnt bring myself to socialize, so i decided to stay here and, as cliché as it sounds, drown in my sorrows.

It was around midnight now and im still lying in my bed, wide awake.
Soft knocking could be heard and i look at the door, making no sound.
The knocking hadnt stopped but i simply couldnt bring myself to open, so i stay silent.
"I know you're awake.", Eric's voice sounds from outside.
"Then come in.", i mutter as the door opens.
He enters and sighs when he sets eyes on me. I sit upright and he sits infront of me looking me straight in the eyes.
It's silent for a very long time until i break the silence.
"You heard everything?", i ask.
He just shrugs.
"Just the important parts."
I sigh and close my eyes.
"I cant believe she bought your act at the end.", he shakes his head.
My eyes shoot open and i look at him in disbelief.
"Oh come on Grace, when will you learn that you cant fool me?", he asks and i just shrug.
Silence again.
"Shes right, though...", he starts.
I frown. "What do you mean?"
"You ARE beautiful and strong and smart and so many more things.", he says and his eyes soften.
I snort and attempt to say something snarky but he stops me.
"Just listen to what im about to say, okay?", he says.
I sigh and gesture him to continue.
I didnt like where this was going.
He brushed his hand through his hair, a nervous habit of his, and by the look on his face he was about to say something that was difficult for him to put into words. So i kept quiet and let him speak.
"Look, i wanted to tell you a few things, thought better now than never.", he chuckles, "i wanted to apologize for all the times i hadnt seen you hurt because i was blinded by my own fucked up problems. Im also sorry that i almost killed you, because im just stupid as it is.", i snort and he playfully glares at me,"you know that night you told me that you were not worth it i wondered why you would say such a thing because to me you are more than worth it.", he pauses again and i shake my head a tear sliding down my face, he wipes it away with his thumb gently,"you are so blind because you're hurting, you dont see that i fucking cant take my eyes of you anymore. That nurse back there? You know why i didnt see her at all?", i shake my head," because i was too busy looking into those beautiful eyes of yours. I was so fucking scared when you almost died on me that night, because i thought I'd never get the chance to tell you that you are more than just a friend to me. That i would die for you in a heartbeat. That you looked so damn sexy with that gun you pointed at me ,when you saw me again, and that attitude of yours. That, that little scar just makes you more beautiful, more dauntless. God damn when we first met, how old was i? Fucking...5 or something, i thought that you were the first girl that i didnt find disgusting at that time.
I killed that bastard Jack because nobody has the right to treat you the way he did, because you deserve so much better, even when you dont think so yourself. I've seen you fall in love with so many guys back in Erudite, and i found myself wondering what it would be like to be in their shoes right now.", he pauses again looking me desperately in the eyes, and i just find myself dumbstruck, looking back at him,"Listen Grace, i decided on you, dont you get that? I decided on you. I dont want to go fucking other girls and then feel thrilled and then sad or empty or whatever. I like the smell of your hair and the colour of your eyes, i love how you smile and the sound of your voice. I love every snarky comment you've ever made. I love how you looked after me as if i was a part of yourself back in Erudite and i love how you never judged me for becoming so ruthless and cruel. I fucking decided on you, Grace, because i. love. you.
I know i have hurt you more than I've done any good but you gotta believe me. I love you and im sorry for everything i did to you."
I blink a few times as my heart threatens to explode in my chest.
Did he really just say that?
I raise my hand and trail my fingers across his cheek. He stays perfectly still for me. "Please stop apologizing, Eric.", i whisper. He closes his eyes and sighs.
"Say my name again," he whispers back.
I close my eyes and lean forward.
"Eric."
He takes my hands into his.
Those perfect hands, that fit mine just so. "Grace?", he mutters.
Our foreheads touch.
"Yes?"
"Will you please tell me you love me? I'm dying over here.", he says.
And then we're laughing, and before i can register it I'm in his arms, and we're kissing, at first quickly, to make up for lost time, and then slowly, because we have all
the time in the world. And his lips are soft and honey sweet like last time we kissed, and the careful, passionate way he moves them against my own says that he savors the way I taste, too.
And in between kisses,
I tell him I love him.
Again and again and again.

Thoughts? Too cheesy? Shitty? Good?
Please vote and comment!
Love you!
S-