26

Note: [Text] = other-unrelated-to-scene-information | [Text]= Thoughts-one-has-but-doesn't-want-to-acknowledge-it | 'Text' = immediate thoughts

Author's Note: Hi guys! I'm finally back with another chapter! Sorry for taking so long but it was really annoying trying to get out of that writer's block. No trigger warnings for this one!

Wei Wuxian awoke to a pounding headache. He groaned, blearily trying to open his eyes. But the light was too much. Thinking was a pain too. 

'Just how much did I drink last night?'  Wei Wuxian groans.

"Wake up, Wei Wuxian," Jiang Cheng says, shaking him awake. Wei Wuxian vowed to educate his shidi on the sacred rules of post alcohol drinking because clearly his shidi had lost his mind to be violating the most sacred rule! 

You never shook a person awake after having alcohol. Never. 

"Open your eyes or I will gouge them out," Jiang Cheng hisses. 

Wei Wuxian wanted to smile. His brother was so cute with his threats~!

"Don't pet me!" Jiang Cheng splutters. Just when Wei Wuxian thought to return to sleep, a hard kick woke him up. "How long are you planning on sleeping, you useless child!"

Wei Wuxian coughed, groaning in pain. That... was not normal. Jiang Cheng never woke him like that. Yes, he would threaten him [his personal record was 30 mins of continuous threats before realizing he had to actually shake the pretending-to-be-asleep me awake] but would never actually carry it out. He tried sitting up. He failed. His limbs weren't working with him anymore. 

'Ugh, just how much did I have last night?'

Blearily, he tried to open his eyes again, closing as the light hit. It took a bit before he could finally open them. The first thing he did was look towards his shidi. Just what gave him the right to kick him like th—only it wasn't his shidi standing there.

"Did you slept well?"

His head snaps to the additional voice. There, in all his majestic glory, sat Wen Ruohan looking as though he had caught an unique specimen that he wanted to play with. 

Oh F***. 

"You're so screwed," he blurts out. 

"Shixiong! Shijie!" 

Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli both paused in their conversation, turning to face their youngest shidi at the door. 

"What's wrong? Why are you here?" Jiang Cheng immediately asked. "Didn't we tell you all to stay inside?" 

"Did something happen?" Jiang Yanli asked, worried. 

"Oh, the Wens left so we can come out now."

"The Wens left?" Jiang Cheng parroted, confused with this turn of events. 

"Yeah, so its safe for us to come out now." 

"What did they even come here for?" Jiang Cheng asks, looking towards Yanli as though she had an answer. Her sister only shrugged helplessly. 

"By the way, I've been wondering..." their youngest shidi hesitated, eyes darting around. "What happened to the ghost twins?" 

"Huh?"