intoxicated

" and you ", she glances at my lips. her words hung in the air and i could only hear my heart beating. 

she moves closer, her scent engulfing me. my heart pounded in my chest. her finger traces my bottom lip as she moves to sit on my lap. my hands immediately go to her waist like it was a reflex. her arms around my neck as she closes the space between us. 

is this what heaven is like ? 

i cup her face in my hand, rubbing a thumb over her cheekbones. her kisses were soft and slow. she ran her hands through my hair, which felt calming slowing down my heartbeat. the butterflies that erupted in my stomach never stopped. 

she finally pulls away to catch her breath. laying her head on the space between my shoulder and neck, her back against my chest. she kisses my cheek lightly, a small smile on her face. we stayed quiet for a moment, taking in everything. the music that disappeared the moment she kissed me returned, the presence of people who didn't care about the couple on the couch. 

yet it felt like it was only the both of us in this room. " why was i in your dream ? ", i ask, breaking the silence between us. hell i was grateful that i was in her dream but i wondered if this kiss meant anything more than that. she doesn't reply for what felt like ages. 

" i've liked you since forever ". that one sentence alone made thoughts flood my brain, quickly increasing my hearts pace. she was going to be the death of me. 

JAY'S NOTES 💭
a sequel to blitzed ! i'm sorry it wasn't as good as expected 😕