A Night Out In The City

Tonight my parents and I are going to see Rogers The Musical. It's like a tribute to my dad and quite frankly, I'm mostly going to make fun of my dad because that's a habit I've picked up from my mom, Sam, Bucky, and I'll be it, Tony.

I teleport us there because there's absolutely no reason to drive there and waste time trying to find parking if I can teleport us there.

We get handed our Playbills and we go find our seats. The rest of the audience files in and before I know it, the lights dim down.

My mom and I are trying so hard not to laugh the whole time. This is the most mortifying thing to watch.

Somehow we've made it to the song titled "I Can Do This All Day." It's toward the end of the play. Kind of anyways.

The actors and actresses playing all of us Avengers plus Nick, and a few others have some resemblance to us but only since they're wearing what looks like our combat suits.

Overall they would have benefited from using those facial concealment veils to take on our faces.

At least the girl who's playing me as a six year old in the Battle of New York is having the time of her life in the process. She actually looks a lot like me. You know, minus that special gold spark I have in my eye when my powers are going.

My character is dancing to "Hadley's got telekinesis and she can teleport here and there." My little portrayer is throwing gold confetti to symbolize my powers. I film this and send it to Tony. "Oh, no, no, no," is Tony's reply. As much as I don't like Tony, sometimes I like his reactions and sarcasm.

My mom's character does an aerial and kicks to "Black Widow's a knockout who can knock you out." Her character's hair is the most accurate part of her outfit. Her jumpsuit does look right considering Shield didn't make it.

They even added Ant-Man. He wasn't even there. I facepalm myself as I watch his not at all resembling actor dance. He's just wearing a red shirt with the Pym logo on it and black leggings. He's wearing a grey beanie with red goggles to symbolize the Ant-Man helmet. Scott would be ashamed. Or maybe he'd think it's cool. I don't know.

My mom's actress is dancing on the front of the stage. She's actually a good dancer even though she wasn't taught by the precision driven Red Room.

My dad's actor looks not at all like him. He's lacking the Super Soldier muscles, and that costume... it looks so fake. They could have done way better especially considering he's the main character.

Hawkeye is just wearing a purple tank top with an arrow tip logo on it and holding a bow and arrow. He's the closest one to real life besides me and Tony I think. More on Tony in a moment.

Thor's actor lacks the muscles, the proper shade of hair and proper beard, the proper towering height, and overall that hard to replicate Asgardian look. But they did their best I suppose so I'll give them that.

I think I'm critiquing so hard because I'm used to the real versions of us and the play versions are so different.

The person playing the Hulk well... as far as trying to dress like the Hulk goes... they didn't fail entirely. Just in size, and muscles, and... okay everything except for colors.

Tony's actor is so not like him that I've recorded his parts and sent them to Tony himself. He sent me a video of himself laughing so hard he fell off the couch. It was clearly filmed by Pepper or Morgan based on the way the camera is being held.

A minute ago, "Tony" was flying on rigs wearing a jacket and an Arc Reactor shirt. I filmed that too. I can't wait to see the real Tony's reaction.

Loki... I just don't even know how to describe how... not accurate he is. I know it's Broadway and there are budgets but that helmet. What happened to the mischievous grin and evil glint in his eyes?

The cast is singing and Captain America is calling out what we all did. "Hadley blast them away," sings Captain America. I laugh a little.

"Hulk you know the magic word is. Hulk you know the magic word is. Hulk you know the magic word is," sings the whole ensemble. "Smash. Smash. Smash. Smash," sings Hulk. I'm appalled to say the least. Hulk doesn't sing but I'll let it go cause it's a musical.

My mom, Tony, Clint, and I are on the bridge dancing for the remainder of the song.

The song ends and my mom and I are laughing so hard. My dad is red with embarrassment. I would be too if I were him.

The play ends a while later and we leave. "Okay, that was-" starts my dad. "An experience," I say. "Amen to that," says my mom. "I didn't know you could sing," I say as I playfully nudge my dad. "I can't sing! That was a Broadway actor!" protests my dad. "Geez you're so defensive," says my mom and she rolls her eyes playfully. "When did you start taking people down with fan kicks, mom?" I ask. "When did you start throwing confetti?" retaliates my mom. My parents and I end up laughing about the play for the next twenty minutes before people walk up to me and ask for my autograph and a photo with me. My parents split the scene not wanting to be noticed and I suppose I'll find them later.

I'm always happy to meet fans and sign things and take photos with them. After a fifteen minute meet and greet filled with lots of conversations ranging from what's my favorite power to thank you for saving the universe, I finally tell them I have to go because I'm meeting someone and they let me go. I teleport to my parents location in Times Square.

We spend the rest of the night out in the city like normal people and it's refreshing. As much as I love being a super hero, sometimes even I need a break from the chaos.