Aftermath

I sat in the holding cell as Amari talked to me through the bars

    I sat in the holding cell as Amari talked to me through the bars. "Angel you know i would never mean to put you in a situation like that." He said and i just nodded.

     I knew he wasn't to blame but I couldn't help being angry, mainly at myself.

     "Im not mad Amari, you good." I said and he sucked his teeth. "You being stubborn behind bars, im not putting money on your books." He joked.

       "You got to buy me hella food after this." I said and he agreed. Since the holding cell was in the front of the jail Amari went to sit on one of the empty chairs.

     "Angel!" I heard my foster mothers voice boom through the jail. I internally rolled my eyes knowing she would more than likely be upset.

      "Are you alright?" She asked not even being able to look at me. "Yes." I basically whispered. "This is your second offense angel." She shook her head.

     "Calm down, once we adopt you you can go as crazy as you want." She said making me look up at her.

     "Your adopting me?" I asked and she nodded. "Hate that i told you this way." She said as hurt filled her voice.

      "I swear i wouldn't have fought her, but she hit me first, i'm the victim honestly." I laughed and stopped seeing she wasn't laughing at all.

     "I know one thing, if i get a bill from her parents thats your ass." She said and I just nodded knowing she wouldn't have done anything but give me a small talk.

  That night

     The officers let me out after 5 hours of sitting there, some people sent me my fight video and i couldn't help but feel bad.

     This one situation can't restart my growth, could it? While i was sitting in my room these type of thoughts filled my head.

     My mother was probably looking down on me, disappointed, but she couldn't be she's the reason why my life is the way it is.

    I reached for my phone forgetting that my foster mother had took every little piece of technology that i had.

    Rolling my eyes i tied my robe and made my way to Aaliyah's room, I slowly opened the door but was met with her cuddled up with Zavier.

I went back to my bed and just went to sleep, Me and Amari got suspended for two weeks so it didn't matter when i went to sleep.

That next morning

Everyone had left the house including Aaliyah, so my mom allowed for me to have my phone back in case of an emergency.

Around noon I was already dressed and cooking me a big breakfast since I had so many free time on my hands.

Someone knocked on the door a few times and i took my time going over to answer it since I was taking my sausages off the stove.

"Hello?" I asked looking through the peephole and was met with Amari bug eyed ass looking at the door. "You taking your time opening this door." He said as i unlocked all the locks.

"You come unannounced and now you rushing me." I rolled my eyes steeping aside so he could come in.

    He did and closed and locked the door behind him. "It smell good as hell." In here he followed me to the kitchen.

     "I was cooking before you interrupted me." I said sucking my teeth. "You go to jail for a few hours and come out rude." He joked pulling me into a hug.

    I hugged him back until his hand started wondering to my lower back. "You pushing it." I laughed pushing him off of me.

     "You want a plate?" I asked him noticing he was checking me out. "stop being a weirdo Amari." I joked hitting him in his arm.

     "You stay laying hands on someone, but yea i want some." He said going on his phone and scrolling on Insta.

     I fixed us some french toast, Sausage, eggs, grits, and a biscuit, before pouring us some orange juice.

    "This shit good as hell." He said making me laugh. "Obviously, its me cooking." I joked making him suck his teeth.

     "Never complimenting you again." He said continuing to eat his food.

    We ate and hanged out for the rest of the day until my foster parents came home.