Chapter 20

You didn't know what that feeling was when you saw a pair of a woman's shoes beside Kenma's. But it wasn't entirely a strange feeling, you knew you'd felt something akin to that before, a long time ago. Although before you can fully comprehend that feeling, you heard Suki's voice that says grandma, and when you headed to the living room, you saw a woman cooking in the kitchen.

She has black hair with some strands turning gray, but it doesn't make her any less beautiful. Her eyes are a pair of golden hues like Kenma's. But unlike Kenma's slant eyes, hers are bigger and they don't hold the same amount of intimidation like Kenma's cat-like eyes.

Her smile when she looks at Suki had made her look years younger than she is. "Suki-chan," she said, her voice exuding a certain type of motherly kindness.

In fact her whole demeanor just exudes of motherly kindness that reminded you of your own mother. No wonder why Suki seem so happy seeing her as she run towards the woman and gave her a hug. You stood there for a few seconds, not knowing whether to speak or not, it wasn't until Kenma noticed you did you realize you had been staring at them for a while.

"Y/n," he said, taking your attention as you blinked your eyes and looked at him before making your way towards them.

"Good evening, I'm L/n Y/n," you said, bowing your head in greeting in front of the woman whose smile didn't vanish as she looks at you.

"What a gorgeous and courteous young lady." You couldn't help but feel your face warming up when you heard what she said and when you straightened up her smile stretch, seeing the pinkish tone on your cheeks that was hard to hide.

"You must be the Pediatric Nutritionist, Tetsurou-kun's friend?" she asked.

"You know me?" you shook your head, rephrasing your question with formal words. You just couldn't help switching to informal speech since you feel somewhat comfortable around this woman who reminds you of your mother. "Do you know me, ma'am?"

"Oh no need to call me that, just call me Keina-san," she said. "And yes, I've heard of you from Tetsurou-kun. You don't mind if I call you Y/n?"

You shook your head no before Kenma spoke. "Suki, go change your clothes, it's almost time for dinner."

The little girl nodded, letting go of her grandmother before she walked up to you and held your hand, pulling you in the process as she started to walk.

"Well, see you later ma'am—I mean, Keina-san," you said before following Suki to her room.

When you two have gone to the corner, Kenma suddenly felt a nudge to his side and he looked at his mother who gave him a knowing glance before she went to check the soup. Turning the electric stove off, she proceeded to put the plates on the table.