Chapter Thirty-one

Sam Lewis 🕳️😳

The music was on full blast when I entered the Swagger hall. Red solo cups were everywhere, most of the guys I could tell were drunk and a majority of them singing after the One direction song that was playing— a few had lost their dignity altogether and were twerking wildly to the music.

I buried my hands deep into my pockets, wondering if it was a good idea in coming at all. Just as that thought crossed my mind, I heard my name.

   "Hey Lewis! Good to see you here, I didn't think you'd actually come."

I pivoted on my feet, allowing myself to sigh when I saw it was Connor.

"Yeah I was deciding against it."

Connor grinned widely, stretching his hand out for a handshake.

"It's good you came bro. Oh– you came alone?"

I shrugged my eyebrows in reply. My roommates were around the room somewhere but I wasn't about to tell him. Connor gave my hand a light squeeze before letting go.

"So let's get you a drink mm?"he asked, leading me to the mini bar where a guy stood, mixing drinks for people.
"What will you drink?"

"Oh, I– uhh, just gimme water."

He stared at me with puzzled amusement.

"You allergic to alcoholic drinks or something?"

I scratched my nape.

"Nah. I don't want anything containing alcohol... sort of have a low capacity towards it."
And I couldn't afford getting drunk now could I.

"So orange juice is okay?"

I nodded and he turned to the guy.

   "Yo Willie, one Martini and orange juice."

The Willie guy nodded, pulling out two red solo cups.

After our drinks were handed, I sat on one of the round sofas, nodding absentmindedly at Connor when he said, "just a minute."

I sipped my juice, my mind wandering off. The heaviness on my chest from earlier was still there. No matter how I tried not to think about it, I still couldn't ignore the terrible feeling that gnawed at me should my disguise be revealed.

We were still left with some at least two months more to vacation but the vim I had at the start has been reducing drastically. Would I be able to hold on?

I sighed, chucking out my buzzing phone. I had two new messages from Jordan.

Jordan: Hey
Should I come and find you maybe?

I decided not to reply but on second thoughts, my fingers went typing.

Me: No.

The ticks turned blue in no time,suggesting he had read it.

Jordan: You're not mad at us right?

Me: Yh

Jordan: um... so can I come and sit with you?🥺

Me: still no.
Me: I honestly want to be alone rn.

Jordan: okay.

I left him unread, raising my head just in time to see Connor's smug look as he made towards me.

Could someone tell him for me that I had closed friendship admissions for this year?