80 | The One With The Twins

M A D H A V       R A M A K R I S H N A

It was almost sunrise by the time the caesarian section was done and Shree was shifted to her private ward.

Shree had been changed into a pink hospital robe, and right now was sleeping peacefully.

He takes a sip of the masala tea he brought from the tea stall right outside the hospital. Shyaam and Sivaji were at Elysium with the police and the emergency team. They got rid of the dog and our watchman's corpse. Shiv fled from the house after Shree attacked him with a vase.

"I need to double the safety around my family." Madhav says to himself.

Anu and Yasho Ma are watching over Madhu, who's in the room nearby. Madhav was there with Shree and the twins. 

He keeps the glass of tea aside and walks towards the hospital crib in the ward. "Both the twins are small, swaddled in warm red blankets." He slowly and tenderly caresses each of their chubby pink cheeks and watched their little faces light up. The twins are a perfect replica of their beautiful mother he agrees.

"Hey my little ladies." He whisper softly. "Oh aren't you both the most loveliest and adorable babies ever? I know I turned my focus away from you both and your mother and look what happened? I promise, now I'm going to double my guard. It's not just two people - with you little angels it's four. Four people I need to protect from Shiv and all the other evil that's out there."

"That's cute." Shree murmurs as she opens her eyes.

"Chellam!" Madhav exclaims and runs to her. He sits on the edge of her bed and holds her hand.

"Hey!" She smiles softly.

"How are you feeling?"

"I can still feel the sting of the incision. I don't think I had such discomfort when Madhu was born. Of course giving birth to her was-"

Shree stops.

"Where's Madhu?" She asks panicked. "Where's my Madhu?"

"Relax. Relax. She's with Anu and Ma." Madhav ensured. "She's asleep. I told Anu to bring Madhu as soon as she wakes. Our kannamma is safe, chellam."

Shree sighs.

"And so are our little angels." Madhav whispers caressing her head.

"I want to hold them." Shree says. He pushes the little button by the bed and the top half of the bed angles upwards, until Shree was slightly sitting up. 

Madhav cautiously brings each of the twins to Shree. Tears fill Shree's eyes. Madhav carefully moves into the bed with her and rests his head on her shoulder. Shree smiles as she sees both the babies snuggle and wiggle on her bare bosom.

"They're so small," Madhav whispers, tears in his eyes. "Look at them both."

 He sniffs, leaning down to kiss his wife's forehead. 

"I'm so glad I didn't miss the twin's birth." Madhav whispers. "Hate how I wasn't there when Madhu was born."

"She was a very silent baby. No less than a little adorable angel." Shree whispers as she caresses the slight dusting of curly hair on the heads of both the babies. "I cried a lot when I first held her. Most of it was because I was sad that you weren't there."

"I know. It shouldn't have harbored such a grudge on you and ignored you that way! I'm glad I got this second chance with you. I'm glad I kept the promise of being there by your side when our baby arrives." 

"I was shattered, you know? Shattered when we got the news of that jet crash. I thought I lost you and my heart broke knowing you'll never see these beautiful babies we made. Thank god you found your way back to us!" Shree says looking at him.