♡ SIX ♡

song: toothpaste kisses - the maccabees

R Y L E E

My eyes softly flutter open at the feeling of his finger tracing my spine as my head lays on his chest. I inhale softly as I shift a little and pull the blanket up to me chin.

"Good morning." He says and a smile pulls onto my lips.

"Morning." I say as I look up at him and he kisses my forehead which makes my heart flutter. I rest my head back on his chest and my hand picks up his. I place our palms against each and he folds the tips of his fingers down to touch mine.

I play with his long fingers but he doesn't really questions it and just lets me mess with them.

"I thought if you had big hands that meant you also had a big package." I say and he chuckles.

"Are you saying it's not proportional to my hand size?" He asks and I nod with a laugh. His hand that's on my back pinches me and I laugh again. "That's very emasculating, Ryles. I'm deeply offended."

"I'm just kidding. It was a joke." I say as I slot our fingers together and hold his hand.

"Well now you're just saying that to make me feel better." He says in a fake pout and I shake my head with a smile.

"It's the...second biggest I've ever seen." I tease and his jaw drops.

"Oh that's it." He says as he starts getting up but I keep my hold on his hand.

"I'm joking again!" I laugh and he shakes his head. His hand slips from mine and he finds some athletic shorts and pulls them on over his underwear.

"Words hurt, Rylee." He says in a lighthearted pout as I hold the sheet to my chest and sit up in bed.

"I'm sorry. Come back." I say in my giggles and he shakes his head at me again.

"I can't. I'm too hurt." He says and I pout out my bottom lip.

"I said I'm sorry. I didn't mean it." I say with doe eyes and a pout. He just looks at me blankly so I bat my eyelashes at him.

"You're scarily good at that." He says and a smile pulls on my lips. I hold my arms out for him and he sighs. He walks over with heavy feet and wraps his arm around my waist as he collapses back onto the bed and on top of me, making me fall back with a laugh.

His head is buried in my neck and he starts placing open mouthed kisses to my skin. I bite down on my bottom lip to contain my smile as he moves up my neck and to my jaw. As he moves up the more playful his kisses get which makes me smile harder.

He kisses along both of my cheeks and the corners of my mouth but when he goes to kiss my lips I put my hand over his.

"I don't kiss before brushing my teeth." I say and he groans then rolls off of me. He literally rolls off of the bed but lands on his feet and walks into his closet.

I sit up on my elbows with furrowed brows and he comes back with a t-shirt in hand. He slings it over his shoulder and holds his hands out for mine. I place mine in his and he pulls me to sit up then puts the neck of the shirt over my head.

I chuckle as I slip my hands into the holes of the shirt then he reaches down and grabs my arm and a leg then slings me over his shoulder.

"Niall!" I squeal as he walks us to his bathroom. He sets me onto the counter next to the sink then holds a finger up at me.

"Stay there." He tells me then starts looking through his cabinets.

"What are you doing?" I ask with a chuckle and he just holds up his finger again.

"Ah ha!" He says then stands up from his crouched position and holds up and unopened toothbrush. I roll my eyes with a smile as I take it from his hands. He holds a hand out for me and I take it. I hop off the counter and we both start brushing our teeth.

I look at myself in the mirror and my hair is still intact but the fly aways are going insane and I have some smudged mascara under my eyes.

"I have no idea you've been able to look at me." I mutter through my toothbrush as I wipe away the smudge.

"Stop it." He says and pinches my ass. "You look beautiful." I roll my eyes at him and he bumps our hips.

We finish brushing our teeth then I start taking my hair down. I pull it back up into a messy bun and he walks up behind me. He wraps his arms around my waist and slouches against me.

I turn around in his arms and wrap mine around his neck. He leans down and connects our lips in a slow kiss. He deepens it and the corners of my mouth turn up. He steps forward making my back meet the counter. He hoists me up and sets me on the cold surface while keeping our lips molded together.

When we pull away I push my hand through the front of his hair and sigh.

"I need to be getting home. I have to feed Benny." I say and he groans and pulls me closer.

"I don't want you to." He says and a smile takes over my lips.

"I know." I say then kiss him again. "But I have to take care of Benny and all his stuff is at my flat."

"Here's what you should do." He starts and I raise an eyebrow at him. "We go to your flat and we pack some stuff and you come quarantine with me."

"We've only been on two dates and you want me to come quarantine with you?" I ask and he nods. "What if you get tired of me?"

"Then you go back to your flat but I don't see that ever happening." He says and I roll my eyes. "Let's be honest we're going to spend a lot of time together anyways. Just make it easier and stay here with me. Plus we've been talking and getting to know each other for like seven weeks."

"Sorry. I would only stay with a boyfriend and I currently don't have one of those..." I tease and he shrugs.

"Okay. Will you be my girlfriend?" He asks and my eyes go wide.

I really was not expecting that.

"Niall, you can't be serious." I chuckle and he kisses my smiling lips. "We've been on two dates!"

"Oh my God." He groans. "But we've spent everyday for the past two months getting to know each other. We spend hours talking on the phone everyday and the only reason we've only had two dates is because of COVID." He reasons with me and I scrunch my lips to the side in thought. "So, will you please be my girlfriend?"

I let out a heavy sigh and slouch. "I guess..." I say sarcastically and a bright smile pulls on his lips.

"You guess?" He asks and I nod.

"But you have to help me get my stuff." I say and he chuckles.

"I can do that." He agrees and I smile at him. I grab onto the sides of his face and connect our lips. I place playful kisses all over his face and it makes him laugh.

"Now come on. We have work to do."