101

You both made your way to the mission grounds. Satoru was still as childish as ever, pestering you along the way as he pleased. Even in your disagreement, he continued to warm his way into your heart one way or another - something he was somehow always able to do.

Nevertheless, his childish antics would soon end in a way you never would have imagined. No matter how much you thought you were right, all it took was one little mishap to prove you were oh, so incredibly wrong. How could you show Satoru he didn't need to be strong for you after this?

"Why the hell did they send you, Gojo?" a familiar voice scoffed, wiping the blood off the corner of his mouth. Though the setting was mostly urban, debris lined the streets in place of people. It was a messy battle, that's for sure.

Nevertheless, your lips would go dry as you completely froze. Though, your reason for freezing up wasn't the damage. A sorcerer requested backup... how were you supposed to know the sorcerer was... the the sorcerer was...

"Naoya Zen'in." Satoru growled. Instinctively, he pushed you behind him before Naoya could possibly see you. "Didn't expect you to call for backup. What, is your clan too weak they couldn't prepare you for a mere 2nd grade? No worries, I'm used to carrying the big three on my shoulders anyways."

"Again, why the hell did they send you?" Naoya frowned. "They really didn't learn last time they left us two alone. What'll they do if I accidentally cut your ego in half?"

Satoru took advantage of the distracted Naoya as he quickly signalled for you to run off from behind his back. You had no choice but to follow his lead - protected by the strongest yet again. Running a few blocks, you hid behind a wall as your hands rested over your heart. The beat nearly tore through your chest. Though fear clouded your mind, at the back of it all you couldn't help but feel a certain anger surfacing. Was this... Satoru's?

"Oh, my ego?" Satoru scoffed, gritting his teeth. "Let's just get this over with. I don't want to have to deal with you any longer than I have to."

When two users are joined by the red string of fate, any physical state of being is shared. Injuries, sicknesses, healing, both users are able to feel exactly what the other is feeling at any given moment of time. However, if one of the users feels any overwhelming emotion, the residuals of those feelings may also be shared.

In this moment, you felt Satoru's unnerving anger. Contrarily, he felt your unwavering fear. He has never felt this type of fear before, and that only made him angrier.

Satoru dealt with the curse in one fell swoop, walking off as soon as the mission was completed. It was impressive, even for Satoru's standards. He's never been able to fully control his cursed technique in this timeline, but things were different now. This only further frustrated Naoya.

"Gojo, get the fuck back here!" Naoya hissed, "What the hell was that?! Tell me - tell me how you did it! Where did you learn how to control your technique that well?!?"

He didn't spare Naoya a glance back, just walking off without a word. Everything about Satoru was cold, sending shivers down your spine. As the situation dissapated you slid down the wall in awkward tension. All you had to do was wait for Naoya to leave before you could feel safe to...

"Hey!" Satoru smirked, appearing out of thin air besides you. You jolted in surprise. "You ok?"

"Sa-Satoru!" You gasped, your heart skipping a beat. "How did you... where did you..."

He snickered. "Oh that? Just a little thing I picked up from Me-two. Hey, hey now that we're done the mission, maybe we can go grab some ice cream before we go talk to the Higher ups? It's on me of course, since you-"