Part 20

Olivia's pov

"Where are you going?"

I stopped and turned around at my mums voice. She stood in the kitchen, packing away some shopping, with my dad stood by the fridge.
"Just to a friends." I replied, trying not to make it too suspicious but failing miserably.
"A friend?" My mum asked, a smirk on her face .
"Yes mum, a friend." I said, rolling my eyes at her childishness. I grabbed my coat of the hook and put it on.
"Who is this friend?" My dad asked, looking round the fridge door.
"Do we know her?"
"No, you don't. Now If you don't mind." I said, sliding on my shoes. "I'll be back later."
My parents laughed, saying their goodbyes and going back to what they were doing before.

I started the walk to Lily's house, feeling grateful that I'd remembered to put my coat on over my clothes. I was just wearing black joggers and a white hoodie, that I had thrown on after work.

Usually, I would be driving around at this time of the year, but I don't have a car at the moment. I got my licence early last year but I still don't actually have a car. Saving up for one though. As I neared Lily's house I took a deep breath. Calm down, it's only lily. Smart, caring, funny, not to mention absolutely gorgeous, Lily. I'm not usually the type to get nervous, but now that I've registered my feelings for her, this is slightly scary. A good scary, though.

I walked up her drive way, and knocked three times at the door. I heard some shuffling and then after a couple seconds, the door opened.
A boy stood at the door, probably around six or seven.
"Lily!"he shouted, "you're friends here."
I heard lily shout something back and then looked back down at the little boy.
"Hi." He said waving slightly at me.
"Hey buddy, what's you're name?" I asked him, crouching down so I was more at his level .
"My names Archie." He replied, sticking his hand in front of my face, for me to shake it. He was smiling sweetly at me, and I couldn't help but find it cute.
"Nice to meet you Archie." I replied, smiling, taking his hand and shaking it. "I'm Olivia."
"That's a pretty name." He said, still not letting go of my hand.
"Thank you, Archie's a cool name too." I said, earning a wide smile from him.

I looked up to see lily standing behind Archie, a soft smile on her face as she watched us.
"Archie let go of her hand." She said, giving me an apologetic but amused look.
"sorry lily." Archie said, letting go of me and running off somewhere.
"Come in." Lily said, smiling at me.
I stepped into the house and shut the door behind me.
"Hey." I said, taking off my coat.
"Hey, that can go on there." She said, pointing to the hangers by the door.
"Thanks, That your brother?" I asked, taking off my shoes and leaving them neatly by the door.
"Yeah, sorry about that. He's only 6 so he's a bit excitable."
I laughed, "it's okay, he's cool."
For a moment we were silent, just looking at each other, a soft smile on each of our faces. That was until I heard little footsteps coming towards us.
"Lily and Olivia." It was Archie. He looked up at us with big green eyes, the same as his sisters. "Do you want to watch paw patrol with me?"
I looked back to lily, questioning what the answer was. She rolled her eyes and nodded, knowing no wasn't an answer.
"Yeah! I love paw patrol." I said, as he grabbed my hand and led me away, lily following behind.
"Really?" He asked excitedly, "who's your favourite?"
"I like Chase."
"Same! He's my favourite too!" Archie shouted jumping down onto the sofa.
"I thought your favourite was Rocky?" Lily said, sitting down beside me.
"Nope! It's chase now." The little boy replied pressing play on the remote.

I turned to lily and she gave me a knowing smile. "I think arch has a little crush on you."
She whispered, smirking.
"I guess it runs in the family." I whispered back, winking at her. I watched the smirk fall off her face and a light blush take over her cheeks. I turned away, and looked back at the tv.

After a while Lily's parents came in and told Archie it was time for bed. Lily introduced me to them and I now see why lily is so nice. Her parents are lovely people, with the same caring eyes and smile.
Archie made a big fuss of wanting me to tuck him in, which I found adorable.
Lily and I followed him into his room, filled with little wooden train tracks and light blue walls.

He hopped into bed, pulling the covers over himself.
"What did you need me to tuck you in for? You've done it yourself." I joked with him, causing a giggle.
"Well, goodnight Archie." I said, patting the bed sheets next to him, and smiling.
"Goodnight Olivia." He said beaming back.
I gave him a gentle high five and walked out, flicking the light off as we left.