Chapter 6 The Client

The night fell quickly the same day Thongar was officially a Guild member. Chesterwall was full of life this night. People were walking on the marble made streets enjoying and admiring the moonlight. There was a full moon tonight and the city Major had organised a huge celebration all things consider if we think that Chesterwall was a Town near the Kingdom's border. Everyone seemed really happy at this point, everyone except maybe the poor guards who were put on duty this fine night. Huge tables were placed in lines, lamps and pigs already on a skewer and beer and ale on flagons. Jesters were making fun of themselves for people to laugh, small stages were hosting groups of bards playing famous songs like the "Bard And The Raven Hair Maiden" and actor were performing small parts of plays. Still everyone was having a lot of fun. The Mayor a chubby man with a thick moustache was talking to Elladan Ravensroar and a stranger who really no one recognised and everybody assumed that he was not from Chesterwall. The Stranger was tall around fifty years old but he was still with full muscles and handsome. He wore expensive silk clothes and around his neck hanged a gold necklace with a sapphire at its center. One could assume that he was rich and maybe important.

        Thongar and Adira arrived at the square were the celebration was held. They both had their daggers but wore the fancier clothes they had. Arriving there their friends Halbard, Jin and Tilda. All of them sat on one of the big tables and started drinking the first of many flagons of ale. Adira was talking quietly with Tilda, looking from time to time at Thongar who was finishing his first Flagon. They both giggled and looked at Thongar. He almost stifled himself with the last drops of Ale which fell on him. Everybody laughed.

-What? Thongar asked half angry half smiling.

Adira smiled at him again, different way this time, not in a funny way. SHe blushed for a second and she turned again to Tilda.

-Feran is on guard duty tonight?

-Yes, she answered with a bit of disappointment, but I think after his watch is going to join us here.

-Yeaaaah , Thongar and Halbard responded in unison, already finishing their second flagon of ale.

       At this point of the celebration of the Full Moon the bards were playing louder and faster songs and people were dancing full of joy under the effect of some flagons of ale. Adira stood up. She look for a brief moment at the stage and turned to the already hand drunk Thongar.

-Are you going to dance with me or not?

Thongar laughed as if he did not believe what Adira told him.

-W..w...what are you serious? His cheeks turned instantly red. He looked down, and responded

A.are...are you sure?

     Adira decisively walked close to him grabbed him maybe in a violent way, took his flagon and took quick sip of his ale. Then she looked him in the eye.

-Kiss me already you simple minded fool.

Thongar looked at her for a second...

-Come ooooon. Halbard shouted at him

     Thongar hugged her, being as gentle as he could, their faces came closer and both their eyes were closed. Adira's hands felt cold but her lips were worm, fierce and tender at the same time. Warmth travelled in his whole body. He could not comprehend that Adira his old friend and his Captain in the Thieve's guild for the last few weeks was kissing him. He could not explain the feeling.

     After a moment or half an hour he could not say, Adira took his hands and led them to the main stage were the bards were playing and the people were dancing all around them. Their eyes were meeting all the time. Another set of eyes was fixed on them, the one that belonged to Elladan Ravensroar. Elladan was discussing something with the wealthy looking stranger and the mayor of Chesterwall.

  Half an hour later the Mayor stood up and the bards stopped playing their music.

-Dear citizens of Chesterwall, I hope who are having the best of times with good company. It is a great honour to introduce you to a man of great power and wealth who is bound to invest a large amount of money on our town and open a retail shop here in Chesterwall. Say hello to Mr Ignatius Grimaldi.

    The wealthy dressed man stood up and went close to Mayor. He talked for about five minutes about his new store which apparently had everything or almost everything in stock. You can find a Grimaldi everywhere he said. The people paid attention for a time. All of them apart from an old man with grey hair and a grey beard who was sitting on the cobblestone at the edge of the square. Nobody paid any attention to him. He was looking at Mr Grimaldi all the night long but by the moment Mr Grimaldi started his speech, the old man stood up very quickly for his age and with a fast pace he left the square and made him self scarce in the Shadows...