Chapter 5

Everleigh

My family started to gather around the entrance and shamelessly gawk at the poor man. Well, he didn't seem faze about the crowd. My female cousins were drooling at his sight and I can understand them.

He looks more than just fine in the dark suit and dress shoes. Some of his two block hairstyle fell near his beautiful eyes and that sight made him look perfect. I sound like I'm drooling for this man.

Why is he here in the first place is the answer I would like to know.

"You seem to have caught a very pleasant fish from the sea." One of my male cousin, Theo said while sipping the glass of champagne. He was dressed in a grey button shirt, dark dress pants and shoes while his dark hair was pushed back.

"Caught a fish? more like I got stuck on the net." I said. "What's he doing here? Who invited him?"

"He's the reason why we all are gathered here today." Theo said. "You didn't thought of anything when you saw the relatives that don't usually attend these gathering has arrived today?"

"I really don't keep track of who is here and not." I tell him.

He rolled his eyes. "Seriously, what is he doing here?" I asked.

"There's some rumor going on that he's interested in you which is why your parents decided to throw this magnificent party, tonight."

"Great." I said scoffing slightly.

"You don't seem too please to see him." Theo teased me.

"Should I clap in delight that he's here? That guy doesn't even know how to smile." I groaned.

"Don't you women love those mysterious looking men." he joked. "I even practiced looking as serious as I could."

I laughed. "Don't try too hard, Theo. I think you have a very good personality."

"Thank you, ma'am." he give me a slight bow. "Glad someone thinks likewise. I thought the world have forgotten about men like us with humour."

I heard my name being called and I looked at Theo.

"Showtime." I sighed as Theo lifted his glass sightly to give me a toast.

"To a great night."

I stuck my tongue out at him before walking to the drama-zone to save the prince who seem like he will get eaten by the plants.

Carter seem very unfazed about the situation. It's like he has been through this situation a numerous time that it doesn't bother him anyway.

"What are you doing here?" was the first sentence that came out from my mouth.

"Hi Everleigh." he greeted and my name has never sounded so appealing to my ears. "How have you been?"

I raised one of my eyebrow at him. Is he reminding the formalities that I just taught him this afternoon.

"Where are your manners, Evie?" My father asked as he give me a very disapproving look. His pepper and salt hair were neatly pushed back.

It flew out of the window as soon as I met this man.

"Yes, where are your manners?" Carter smirked at me. The audacity to even say that to me. I silently glared at him.

"I have learnt from someone this afternoon to not worry about my manners." I said coolly.

"Who is that person? You shouldn't hang out with them then." my father said.

"I should stay away right? cause he is not a good example." I smirked at Carter whose smirked drop slight as his eyes challenged me to stay quiet.