♚2. VIBES

❝A wise woman wishes to be no one's enemy; a wise woman refuses to be anyone's victim

A wise woman wishes to be no one's enemy; a wise woman refuses to be anyone's victim. -Maya Angelou

J o r d y n T a m e

I SAT IN my chair humbly looking around at the chaotic events playing out in front of me. Alpha Lexis had chosen me, and because of this, it was more than just me that was being affected.

"I-I can't believe I d-didn't get chosen..." Talia whispered as if her voice had left her body. Tears were prominently trailing down her face. Her mascara was staining her cheeks. She didn't even look at me, she couldn't look at me.

I couldn't answer her, I just watched as her mother tried to soothe her. Her father stood behind petrified not knowing how to help his daughter.

I felt this intolerable guilt. This had been her dream for as long as I could remember and I took it from her; accidentally, I took the dream away. Each and every girl who was selected took a piece of that dream away.

I take my attention away from the scene in front of me and peered over at my parents. My mother and father looked to be in an argument. I knew this would happen.

The only thing that would come out of me getting chosen would be chaos. I shake my head and watch as people congratulated me while passing by. I watch as the other human girls have already begun to leave with their Alphas. They were all smiling and happy eyed.

After Lexis had come out of his way to tell me he wanted me, he just left. I even took the time to look for him. I couldn't find him, and I didn't know if that was a good thing. I mean, I never wanted to be in this situation in the first place.

Suddenly two tall men in black with dark shades approached me making my mother and father stop their arguing and turn to me.

"Miss Tame..." The one to the left mumbled. He had brown skin, dark hair with a shaped hairline, and facial hair. I couldn't see his eyes which intimidated me and as if he noticed my uneasy behavior, a sly smirk forms on his lips.

 I couldn't see his eyes which intimidated me and as if he noticed my uneasy behavior, a sly smirk forms on his lips