chapter 65

We've been here in Michigan for a little over a week now. We go back to Canada in a few days since were gonna be here in total of a little over two weeks. I don't know if I'm ready to stay here now so I'm glad Ryujin haven't really asked but the thought of being away from Ryujin again is really making me sad.

I'm making coffee right now since Ryujin and Eva is still asleep. Karina and Travis went to the main house to hang out with Ryujin's sisters. We're gonna meet them there later since Ryujin's parents says they have a surprise for us. After making my coffee, I walk out to the front patio and enjoy the view of the lake. This whole trip, aside from my nightmare, has been so relaxing.

I see people walk by, doing their morning walk, either with their partners or pets. They wave or nod to me so I do the same to them. Some people would even actually greet me good morning.

Feeling the morning breeze with coffee in hand while looking at a beautiful view, I could get used to this. I hear a car door open and I look to my side to see the neighbor getting out. He waves at me and I wave back but I didn't expect him to walk over to me.

I check myself to make sure my robe is closed and nothing is showing.

"Hey, good morning. I haven't seen you around here" he smiles at me.

"Oh I'm here visiting Ryujin" I politely say and I notice him try to roll his eyes but stop halfway and goes back to look at me.

"Ahh. That's unfortunate for you then" he says.

I frown at him, "Do you have something against Ryujin?" I ask.

"No. I'm just tired of people thinking she's all this and that" he scoffs.

"I actually don't appreciate the tone of your voice while talking about my girlfriend" I put my coffe down and cross my arms.

"You're dating her!? Why?!" He ask, surprise.

"Because she's amazing. What do you have against her?" I ask.

He stands there and thinks. I don't think he actually has a valid reason not to like Ryujin but I'm curious still why he doesn't like her.

"You're actually probably the only person I've met while I've been here to not like Ryujin" I say.

"How do you do know Ryujin then? I mean I know you live next to their cottage but she doesn't stay here all the time but you act like you know her well" I continue on.

"My family and I come here every summer since I was a kid. I met Ryujin when I was in high school because of her, the girl I liked at the time didn't even want to give me a chance. Her and Lia had to approve of me. I'm sure you've met Chaeryeong" he says.

"You liked Chaeryeong?" I didn't see that coming.

"He said he did but at that time I caught him saying he likes another girl" Ryujin walks out from the cottage startling me, "I'm not about to let one of my bestfriends be a part of your game. Don't think I didn't know that you only looked for summer flings back then. As I recall, you tried to hit on me too" Ryujin says to the man I still don't know the name of.

"Oh look who's here to butt in again instead of minding her own business" the guy glares at Ryujin.

"You're talking to me so it is her business because I'm her girlfriend and you're standing in their property right now too" I say to him.

"Wow, to think I was being nice to you" he looks at me.

"You were probably trying to hit on her" Ryujin says making me look at her.

I can tell the guy wants to hit Ryujin but he turns around and walk away instead. I didn't think my morning was going to turn out like this. It's not ruined but definitely eventful.

"Is Eva still asleep?" I ask as she sits next to me.

"Yea. The poor girl is all tuckered out" she laughs.

"When are we leaving to go to your parents?" I ask.

"As soon as Eva wakes up. Do you have your bags packed?" She ask.

"Yea. I'm guessing were going somewhere for this surprise" I say.

"Yea but I can't completely ruin my parents surprise" she laughs.

Since we've been here, I noticed that none of them went to work. Yuna went to school most day but the rest didn't go anywhere.

"This might be rude to ask but how come no one seemed to go to work in your family" I slowly say.

"They have jobs. They just took time off to see you and your family" she answers. Her family took time off for us?

"Why?" I ask.

"They want to get to know you" She shrugs her shoulders. I finish my coffe and it's gotten cold a bit. We get back into the cottage and Eva is finally awake. I get her ready for the day. Ryujin and I take turns to get ready too because the other watches Eva.

Once we were ready, we drive to the main house. I see her dad loading up their car with their luggage. I've become even more confuse with their surprise.

We get out of the truck and I get Eva. Ryujin takes out bags and loads to the same car where her dad is. More like an SUV type. After I get Eva out, she takes her car seat and put it in that car too.

We walk in the house with Mr. Shin, Karina and Travis are in the kitchen with the sisters and Lisa. We join them while we wait for Mr. and Mrs Shin.

"We have an announcement" Mr. Shin walks in with his wife.

"We know. That's why we're here" Yuna says.

"I will leave your ass here" Mr. Shin jokes.

"Mom won't let you and you know she's the boss in this house" Yuna defends.

"Both of you shut up" Mrs. Shin stops them and they listen right away.

"Anyways, our announcement is we wanted to do something for Yeji and her family while they're here so we're all going to Chicago for a few days before they have to leave" Mr. Shin announces.

I look at Ryujin and she notice that something is wrong with me. She excuses us from the kitchen and takes me to her room.

"What's wrong?" She ask as soon as she closes the door.

"I don't have a job yet. I can't contribute to the expense" I say in a low voice.

"Hey its okay. My sisters and I aren't paying either. It's all on my parents. They wanted to do this for everyone" Ryujin tells me then hugs me.

"Your parents are awesome" I say hugging her back.

"They're okay" Ryujin laughs. We let go from our hugs and walk back down to the kitchen. They ask if everything is okay and I say yes.

"We're taking two cars. Ryujin and Yeji along with the kids will take the car with all our bags then the rest will be with me" Mr. Shin informs everyone.

Everyone lines up in the multiple bathrooms to use the toilet before leaving. Afterwards, we get into our designated ride. I buckle Eva in and Ryujin does the same with Gabe.

"I can't believe we're going to Chicago. Honestly, I've been wanting to go there and see that giant silver bean thing" I laugh while getting in the car.

"I'm glad it's something you actually wanna see. They were kind of worried you won't like it" she says buckling up.

She starts the car and waits for her dad to give a signal if they're ready. After seeing the thumbs up from Mr. Shin, we drive off on our way to Chicago.

Gabe is keeping Eva entertained at the back. I look out the window and Ryujin holds my hand while she continues driving. I smile looking at our hands together. It just feels like I'm where I'm supposed to be right now.