52 - Wanna dance?

I sprayed a generous amount of hairspray on my hair for the tenth time, most likely overdoing it. Needless to say I was nervous for tonight, as it was my first prom in a while, and It wasn't exactly going the way I had imagined it. 

I smoothed my dress, still uncertain about wearing it. I turned to look at my closet, considering changing even last minute, before a thought came to me. No. Ι deserve to feel good, and as queen Ri says "fake it 'till you make it". 

I sighed for the eightieth time in the last ten minutes, before the doorbell was heard. "Evelyn! Noah's here" Cole could be heard, sounding more bored than he does when mum talks to him. "Coming!" I replied, resisting the urge to fix my dress once again. I grabbed my jacket and walked down the stairs. 

There, I saw Noah attempting to make small talk with Cole, but with no luck. "Hey" I said, and making Noah turn my way, and briefly I saw his eyes light up. "Hey..you, uh, you look.. stunning" he complimented me, and I smiled. "Thanks, you don't look too bad yourself".  I replied. "So, shall we?" I suggested and he agreed. 

Noah walked out first after wishing Cole a goodnight, but I took a step to follow him, I was stopped by my brother's arm. "Does this mean Black's done for good?" he asked, and I nodded. "For good". He seemed to enjoy my response, because a smile took over his face. 

"Go have fun, kid" he said, and I smiled. "I will" I said, before walking towards the car with Noah. 

~~~

"This is us" Noah said as he parked the car. "Yup" I agreed, looking down at my lap, as to avoid the awkward tension that had formed between us. 

"Are you nervous?" he asked and I lifted my gaze. "Is it that obvious?" I replied, and he nodded giving me a simpathetic smile. "There's no reason to be. I'll be by your side the whole night" he assured me and I gave him a smile, although I wanted to burst out crying. That's the problem. 

"Wanna head inside?" he said, and I nodded. He left the car and I reached to open my door, but before I could get the handle, another hand did it for me. Noah opened the for and gave me a hand to help me get out the car, although It wasn't needed. 

I took a look around, my gaze falling on Aiden with a certain someone, as well as Maya with...Parker? Oh, mama. 

"Hey you guys!" Noah greeted them. Parked and him engaged in a small chat while I went over to Maya, and we started a conversation of our own, only ours was nearly silent. 

"Why are you not with Aiden?" she asked and I smiled. "Did you really think I'd come here with Aiden?" I whispered, my heart sinking every time I looked their way. Her hands were on his arms, stroking them as she whispered things in his ear, and God knows I don't want to find out what she was saying.

His hands bothered me the most, though. They were all over her, going from her waist to lower, and I caught the mischievous smirk plastered on his face. 

"I shouldn't have come here" I said, tearing my eyes away before either of them saw me. "Hey, that's not right" she protested. "This whole thing Is messed up, it shouldn't be the reason why you won't have fun. It's your senior prom" she said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

 "Enough about me...you and Parker?" I questioned. She chuckled, shaking her head. "It's not like that. I just didn't want to come alone to yet another party" she said. "Understandable, but... isn't there anyone you like? Out of everyone in this shithole, no one has caught your eye?" I asked, knowing the answer to my question already. 

"I'm not sure I want it to. Aiden caught your eye and we see how that went. Plus, with graduation coming up, I don't want to start something I can't finish, you know?" she explained. "M, graduation is months away, don't let that keep you from finding somebody. Also, Aiden? that's your prime example?" I replied, laughing. She joined me.